Pixy Stix Lip Gloss
My daughter and I love lip gloss. DIY lip gloss (like our popular homemade tutorial here) is my favorite! It’s so soft and shiny, plus it is so nourishing. When you make a DIY lip gloss, the ingredients are super soothing. Today, however, we are showing you a way to add a tiny bit of tasty color to a DIY lip gloss. Your lips will look and feel fabulous! Ever heard of Pixy Stix candy? Oh good! We can’t wait to show you how to make a cute lip gloss colored and flavored with Pixy Stix….
For Pixy Stix Lip Gloss, you will need:
- 1-2 red Pixy Stix (from a candy store or online here)
- Small microwave safe bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Aquaphor (this travel size bottle is plenty)
- Empty lip gloss container (we get ours here)
- Pipets for transferring the lip gloss to the containers (we get ours here)
Watch how we make it!
Isn’t that fun?
- Place about a tablespoon of Aquaphor into a small microwaveable bowl (depending on the size of your lip gloss tube)
- Microwave the Aquaphor in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is a liquid. Careful! The container might get hot.
- Once the Aquaphor is melted, add 1-2 red Pixy Stix. We started with just 1 but added a bit more at the end. Customize your shade!
- Microwave the Aquaphor again for about 30 seconds so it returns to a very liquid form.
- Using a plastic pipet, transfer the melted Aquaphor to the lip gloss tube.
Aquaphor is extremely moisturizing and is typically used to treat rough and itchy skin irritations. What will it do for your lips? It will make them look and feel fuller because it will plump them up with moisturize while eliminating dry skin! Plus, it’s shiny, which makes it perfect for a DIY lip gloss.
Looking for more lip gloss ideas? Check out our other homemade lip gloss tutorial:
Your kids might also LOVE making this Fruit Loops Lip Polish too!
Pages: 1 2