It’s aaalllllmost Christmas, which means that the final details for the big fun day (and evening before) are getting taken care of. Have you ever made Santa Footprints before? If you haven’t, you still have time! You probably already have everything you need for the last minute Christmas idea and it is SO worth doing because the end result is ADORABLE! Best of all, it takes seconds to do and just a minute to clean up.
I had to set this up without my kids home in order to capture these photos, so please ignore the lack of presents from Santa under the tree:) I want to surprise them on Christmas morning!
Watch how I make them!
- Paper (construction or card stock is best, but regular paper works too). Don’t have paper? Use cardboard!
- Baking soda
- Sandals (or a pair of shoes that fit on the paper)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Place sandals or shoes on top of the paper
- Trace around the shoes with pencil
- Cut out the shoe shapes to make a shoe stencil
- Placing the shoes on a pathway to the tree (from the fireplace, if possible), sprinkle a little bit of baking soda on top of the shoe stencils one by one. Lift up the stencil, revealing a perfect footprint then repeat the pattern.
- Surprise your kids with a magical “Santa footprint” path up to the Christmas tree! You can even have him stop at the cookies the kids left out:)
- Clean up with a vacuum cleaner. BONUS: Baking soda is great for carpet and also deodorizes, which makes it perfect for this craft!
You might also like these Christmas crafts:
Pages: 1 2