How to Make a Heart Cake
Welcome to Smart School House! Today we are showing you how to make the
heart shaped Valentine’s Day cake or birthday cake EVER! I got all of the supplies from the dollar store and spent a total of $6.00. Let’s get started!
From start to finish, this adorable heart cake takes about 1 hour. I LOVE easy dessert recipes like this!
You will need the following supplies (check your local dollar store)
- 1 square cake pan (about 8 inches)
- 1 round cake pan (about 8 inches but the same size as the square pan)
- 2 containers of frosting. I used strawberry.
- 1 box of cake mix (usually you’ll need oil, water, and eggs for the mix)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Non-stick spray
Watch how easy it is to make a heart shaped cake!
- Prepare the square and circle cake pans with non-stick spray
- Gather all of the ingredients according to your cake mix of choice (or make a homemade recipe!)
- Mix all of the ingredients until smooth
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the square pan and 1/2 into the circle pan. Eye ball the cake batter to make sure the thickness of it in each pan looks similar.
- Bake the cakes according to the cake mix recipe
- Remove the cakes from their pans
- Cut the circle cake in half evenly.
- Position the square cake so it looks like a diamond, then place each half of the circle cake like this:
- Place the cake on a large plate or cake board. If you don’t have one, use wax paper or parchment paper and place the cake where you plan to serve it.
- Liberally apply the frosting. It’s so easy! The frosting will fill in the imperfections and it will connect the 3 pieces like magic!
Add sprinkles, icing letters, birthday candles, whatever you want:)
Isn’t that adorable and easy?
Make a heart shaped cake for Valentine’s Day, a birthday, or a special gathering. People will be so impressed (plus it tastes so good too!).
You might also like these ideas:
Pages: 1 2