Heart Shaped Tortilla Chips
Oh my goodness you are going to LOVE this Valentine’s Day idea! It mixes food, crafts, and fun (perfect for kids!).
If you are looking for an easy Valentine’s Day idea, these colorful heart shaped tortilla chips are sure to put a smile on everyone around!
These heart shaped tortilla chips are irresistible. They’re almost too cute to eat…….wait- did I just say that?
Who am I kidding? They are SO FUN to eat!
You only need a few simple ingredients:
- Uncooked flour tortillas
- Non-stick spray
- Food coloring
- New/unused watercolor paint brushes
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters (we use these ones)
Watch how we do it!
Isn’t that neat? They’re crunchy, salty, and so tasty!
Follow us on YouTube here.
My kids love using cookie cutters to make as many hearts as they can. I love how the task keeps their hands busy and their minds happy! Who know such a fun activity actually helps build fine motor skills for little kids. Learning can be fun and delicious!
Ready to learn how to make these pretty chips?
Directions for homemade heart shaped tortilla chips:
- Using cookie cutters, cut out various shaped hearts out of uncooked tortillas
- Mix pink, purple, and red food coloring into small bowls filled with water.
- With a new/unused watercolor paint brush, “paint” the uncooked tortillas with the colored water
- Place the uncooked tortillas on a cookie sheet prepared with non-stick spray
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden
- The chips get crispy as they cool.
We paired our homemade tortilla chips with heart quesadillas!
Pages: 1 2