Pineapple Turkey Teriyaki Meatballs
Raise your hand if a delicious meatball recipe takes you back to your childhood? I vividly remember my mom teaching me how to make meatballs. Today I’m going to teach you how to make the most juicy, delicious, pineapple turkey teriyaki meatballs you’ve ever had! The best part is: they’re so quick and easy to make!
These turkey teriyaki meatballs take about 30 minutes from start to finish. They make your kitchen smell so good that the family will slowly start to linger closer and closer to the dinner table as you finish up. Secretly, I love that:)
- 1-1.5 lbs. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 1/3 cup of crushed pineapple WITH juice (or crush up 2 slices of pineapple from a can)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Non-stick spray
- Baking sheet
- Small frying pan
- 1 small mixing
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 measuring cup
A 30 minute freezer meal recipe for delicious and EXTRA juicy meatballs with an irresistible teriyaki glaze sauce
There are two parts to this quick recipe: baking the meatballs and preparing the thick and tasty teriyaki sauce to coat the meatballs in
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, milk, and crushed up pineapple. Be sure to add a little bit of the pineapple juice too! Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, salt, and ground turkey. Mix it all together with your clean hands.
- Add the small bowl of breadcrumbs, pineapple, and milk into the large bowl of ground turkey. Mix until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and a generous coat of non-stick spray.
- Make small meatballs (about 1.5 inches in diameter or so) and place them on the baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes and begin preparing the teriyaki glaze.
For the delicious Kikkoman Teriyaki glaze sauce:
- Put 1/2 cup of of Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce into a measuring cup.
- Add the sugar and mix it up until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add a little bit of water until the mixture measures 2/3 of a cup.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until smooth.
- When the meatballs are almost done, prepare a small frying pan with a generous coat of non-stick spray over medium heat.
- Add the ingredients from the measuring cup into the pan and whisk constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Once bubbling, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the tasty teriyaki glaze over the meatballs.
- Serve with brown rice, fried rice, veggies, or whatever else you love!
Extra JUICY pineapple infused turkey teriyaki meatballs. A 30 minute freezer friendly dinner recipe for delicious and tender meatballs with an irresistible teriyaki glaze sauce.
The juice from the pineapple gently infuses the ground turkey with a scrumptious and irresistible flavor. It also works perfectly to make the meatballs EXTRA juicy and tender too! Dry meatballs are no good, right?
If you have a family of 4, this recipe will go fast. You might want to double the recipe just for leftovers. My six year old popped 5 of the meatballs into her mouth before I could even get the glaze on them.
Here’s another smart idea: freeze some of the meatballs in advance (yup, they are freezer friendly!). That way, you prepare them once and have 2 or 3 meals for the future.
What do you use teriyaki sauce in? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/1/16-11/24/16.