Hello Smart School House readers, I am Jen and I blog at Craft-O-Maniac. I am thrilled to be sharing my first ever contributor post here on Smart School House. Today I will be sharing this new recipe I tried and winged the other night and man did it turn out. It is so yummy, and the best part my kids loved it, and wanted more. SCORE!
Serving Size: 6-8
- 16 un-thawed and risen Rhodes Rolls
- 2 un-thawed large chicken breasts
- For the Filling
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp of basil
- 2 tsp of garlic salt
- 2 tsp of paprika
- salt and pepper
- Start by greasing your rolling pin and counter with some butter or pam spray.
- One by one roll out your rolls until they are about 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 inches in diameter.
- Place them in a sprayed cupcake tray. If you aren’t using a cupcake tray, these work great on a cookie sheet as well.
- Once they are all rolled out and placed in the cupcake tins set them aside.
- Take your filling and place everything in a bowl adding your seasonings last.
- Mix it all with a hand mixer, set aside.
- Cut up your un-thawed chicken into small little squares, and add them to your filing mix.
- Spoon it all together really well.
- Now you are ready to fill up your Rhodes Rolls bundles.
- Take a spoon and spoon out a small to medium amount of filling and place it in the center of your bundles.
- Then gather up all the sides of the rolls pinching them together. Do this with all your bundles.
- I did an egg wash to the top of them: For the egg wash take 2 cracked eggs and a splash of water, whisk it together and with a cooking brush, brush the tops of your chicken filled bundles.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.