Ohhhh we just love Valentine’s Day around here at Smart School House! Pretty much anything that involves hearts definitely steals our heart:)
Today we are showing how you can turn regular pretzels into adorable Valentine’s Day hearts. Even better, we topped them with a candy hearts just for the fun of it! This simple tutorial requires a few easy-to-find supplies and a quick technique for creating perfect pretzel hearts. Let’s get started….
To make pretzel hearts, you will need the following supplies:
- Pretzel Twists
- Vanilla Candy Quik (found in the baking isle)
- Sweet Tarts Hearts
- Ziplock Baggie
- Microwave safe bowl
- Wax paper
Watch how heart shaped pretzels are made:
- Melt the Candy Quik in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring until completely melted.
- Pour the melted Candy Quick in a baggie. Place the baggie over a cup to help keep the baggie opened for pouring!
- Lay out a piece of wax paper and place the pretzel twist on top.
- Cut the corner of the baggie and “color” in one side of the pretzel with the melted Candy Quik like this:
- Repeat step 4 on the other side of the pretzel to create a heart shape.
- Place a Sweet Tarts heart in the middle.
- Let them dry for about 15 minutes or so.
They will come off of the wax paper very easily once the are completely dried. Place all of the pretzels in a bowl or a clear goodie bag and hand them out for Valentine’s Day!
SO EASY and CUTE right?!
You might also like these Valentine’s Day ideas: