How to Make Fairy Bread
Have you ever heard of Fairy Bread? Fairy Bread is a simple dessert snack filled with lots of imagination and fun! Do you know what fairies eat? We don’t know for sure. But, we’ve pretended that the fairies taught us this exact recipe because because they know how much we love them. It’s pretty special, don’t you think? Fairy Bread is perfect for a special treat inside of a lunch box, a colorful dessert at a party, or even a gift to friends! With just a few ingredients and the help of a parent, this Fairy Bread can be made with the hands of sugar and fairy loving kids.
This Fairy Bread is perfect for a special treat inside of a lunch box, a colorful dessert at a party, or even a gift to friends! Just imagine how many ways you can justify the use of Fairy Bread!
- White bread
- 6 oz of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
Watch how we make it!
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar
- Cut the crust off of the bread
- Using a rolling pin, roll the square bread pieces until they are thin (as seen in the video).
- Place a thin layer of the sugary cream cheese on top of the square bread
- Pour rainbow sprinkles on top (believe it or not, kids are really great at this)
- Take the sprinkled bread and roll it into a slightly tight spiral shape (as seen in the video)
The bread will store nicely in the refrigerator for about 3 days….. if you’re lucky and it lasts that long. The cream cheese combined with the hint of sugar is something that I personally can’t pass up. Plus, my kids think it is pretty special too. Try making this recipe on a day you are bored and listen to what your kids have to say about it. Creative recipes for kids can be educational and fun!
Come and see Smart School House’s wonderful book Year-Round Projects for Holidays, Parties, & More!