What’s for breakfast? Let’s say you need something fast, filling, and delicious. How about a wonderful and comforting hash brown breakfast casserole loaded with with bacon, sausage, and cheese? Ok! I’m in:
Loaded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Our easy Loaded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole takes minutes to assemble and is a dish that’s perfect for family breakfast, fancy brunch, or a morning gathering! This cheesy, comfort food casserole is loved by kids and adults! This loaded hash brown breakfast casserole is truly the perfect one-dish meal for breakfast. What I love most is the secret addition of hash brown patties to the bottom of the casserole! Have you heard of a tater tot casserole before? This recipe is similar, but so much easier:)
Seriously, it took me longer to preheat my oven than it did for me to prepare this egg casserole. I used frozen hash brown patties, green onion shredded cheese, eggs bacon, and sausage. So, the only real prep work that I had to do was crack open the eggs and mix it all together.
Warm and cheesy, this breakfast hash brown patty casserole is like comfort on a plate before heading out for a busy day at work or school. It is a perfect compliment to any table. This meal brings together all of your favorite breakfast foods, in one. Perfect with a hot cup of coffee, tea, or a tall glass of orange juice.
It would be perfect around the holidays since you only need to spend about 10 minutes in the kitchen putting it together. Then, just let it bake. Kid-friendly, parent approved, this is one you won’t want to skip!
The egg mixture thickens in the oven, creating a delicious, gooey combination of potatoes, bacon, sausage, and bubbly cheese. The savory flavors are a perfect compliment to a sweet side. Try our Blackberry Biscuit Bread for the perfect breakfast duo. Milk please!
I added more green onion as well as some fresh cut tomatoes on top. You know what else would be so good? Salsa! This type of casserole calls for all of your favorites to be added on top. Ketchup, sour cream, tabasco, you name it! It’ll be good, promise:)
Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Loaded Hash Brown Breakfast CasserolePrint Here
You Will Need
- 9 oz (about 12 pieces) of bacon
- 2 oz (about 15 pieces) of sausage
- 8 frozen Hash Brown Patties
- 12 large eggs
- 3 cups of shredded cheese (cheddar or a cheddar mix)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of green onion – or more, depending on personal preference.
- 1/4 fresh diced tomato (optional)
Other Supplies Needed:
- Non-Stick Spray
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Pan for cooking sausage and bacon
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook bacon and sausage. Usually this is a few minutes on medium to low heat in a skillet (see your package for details). Can also be made with pre-cooked bacon and sausage
- Cut sausage into pieces
- Crumble bacon
- Cut green onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs
- Add in 2/3 of the bacon and 2/3 of the sausage. Set the rest of the bacon and sausage aside for later
- Fold in 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray
- Lay out frozen hash brown patties along the bottom of the dish
- Pour the egg mixture over the frozen hash browns
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes (or until the eggs are cooked through)
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top, or more if you like:)
- Take the extra sausage and bacon and add a line of it down the center, as pictured. They can also be sprinkled evenly throughout. This part is just about presentation, so it’s up to you!
- Return to the oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted)