Candy Corn Dots
Candy corn here, candy corn there, candy corn, candy corn everywhere! Have you noticed that candy corn is kind of a big deal around this time of year? Me too! But, I love it so much! There are so many creative and unique candy corn crafts and recipes out there on Pinterest these days. So, I thought we should join the fun! Introducing: Candy Corn Dots! We’ve taken one of our most popular recipes and adjusted it to look cool with the candy corn crowd. What I love most is how easy peasy they are to make.
One of the best parts about making candy dots is that they don’t require any baking. You’ll need an electric mixer, some easy to find ingredients, and about 15 minutes. That’s all!
You’ll first want to start by cutting strips of wax paper. Mine were about 2 inches thick and 6 inches long. But, there’s no science to this part. Cut them to whatever size works best for you. Your kids would love to cut strips of wax paper actually:)
- 1.5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp of Kool-Aid flavoring (orange & lemonade)
- Using an electric mixer (I used my Kitchen-Aid), whip the egg white and the powdered sugar together for about 4- 5 minutes.
- Separate your combined amount into 3 equal parts (for white, yellow, and orange)
- Add the Kool-Aid powder and stir it up with a spoon.
- Place your colored mixtures into plastic baggies.
- Cut a small piece off the tip of the baggies and make small dots on the wax paper.
- The candies will harden completely over night. But, you can still eat them when they are slightly squishy (that’s up to you and your kids!).
Do you love this post? Then I think you’ll really like my recipe and tutorial for:
Kool Aid Candy Dots