Terra Cotta Pot Carrot
Raise your hand if you like terra cotta pot crafts!
Me: jumps up and down waving both hands
The other day I was leisurely strolling up and down the isles of our local nursery when this craft came to mind. This terra cotta pot carrot has the be the cutest little DIY Easter decoration or gift idea EVER.
If you’re trying to think of a unique spring or Easter gift idea for friends, family, teachers, co-workers, or coaches, we think this is ADORABLE!
Terra cotta pot carrots can be filled with whatever you want. Or, you can leave them empty as table top decor.
Materials needed for terra cotta pot carrots
- Terra cotta pot and saucer (any size you want!)
- Orange acrylic paint
- Orange ribbon (green would be cute too)
- Hot glue
- Greenery – plastic or silk greenery for the top of the carrot
- Paint brush
How to make a terra cotta pot carrot
- Paint the terra cotta pot and saucer orange
- Apply 2-3 more coats of paint to achieve the desired orange shade
- Allow paint to dry (at least 20 minutes or so)
- Place the saucer upside down on top of the terra cotta pot
- Hot glue the greenery on top of the saucer. Use any greenery you like! It can be leaves or extra from whatever silk flowers you have around. It’ll all look cute:)
- If you’re giving it as a gift, place the items inside the terra cotta pot and wrap it closed with the ribbon
Looking for other easy DIY spring craft ideas?
- Bunny Lollipops
- Brownie carrot patch
- Wash cloth rabbit
- Glowing watering can <— this one is so pretty!
- Hanging tub flower planter
How cute would these look outside as part of your outdoor dining table centerpiece? I think I’ll make large and medium size carrots next. Put them all together and the scene just screams happy spring vibes!