5 Minute Salsa
Hello! I’m Amy from My Name Is Snickerdoodle and I couldn’t be more excited to be part of the Smart School House contributor team!
As I was thinking about what I wanted to share with you today, I kept coming back to one of my all time favorite recipes. Salsa! I don’t think I’ve ever met a person who can resist crisp, salty tortilla chips and flavorful salsa. Can you? Hopefully I’m not the only one who almost ruins their delicious Mexican meal every time by chowing down on too many chips dipped in salsa. WAIT!
Is there such a thing as too much when it comes to chips and salsa? I’m thinking not!
- 3 (14oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14oz) can stewed tomatoes with celery, onion and bell pepper
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, quartered
- 2 large garlic gloves
- 4 green onions, green and white part thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a food processor (or blender) pulse together 2 cans petite diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chilies, bell pepper, garlic cloves, 2 green onions, cilantro, salt and sugar.
- Make sure your bell pepper and garlic are finely chopped.
- Pour into a large bowl and stir in 1 can petite diced tomatoes and remaining 2 green onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- It will last about 2 weeks in the fridge if it’s not already gone by then!