Quick and Easy Cheesy Rotini
The days are shorter, the nights are colder, and we are busier than ever with school and work. Nothing is better than stepping into a warm house that smells like some comfort food on an evening after a very long day. Today was one of those days for us! Our dinner needed to be warm, filling, and most importantly, delicious. Our family recipe for Quick and Easy Cheesy Rotini is a kid-favorite and reliable go-to dinner idea for fall and winter nights.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup of cubed ham – I buy the ham steak pieces and cut them up
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli – I use frozen broccoli and quickly defrost it
- 12 oz of rotini pasta noodles
- 1 jar (16oz) of Ragu’s Light and Cheesy Parmesan Alfredo sauce (or something like it)
- 1 cup of milk – 2% or whole milk works best
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese – or whatever you’ve got on hand!
- Medium sized pot
- Glass baking dish – any shape/size you prefer
- Non-stick spray
How to make Quick and Easy Cheesy Rotini:
- In a medium sized pot, boil the rotini pasta according to the directions on the box and then drain the water.
- In the same pot, add in the jar of cheesy Alfredo sauce, ham cubes, broccoli, and milk (salt and pepper is optional if you love it!)
- Cook until hot and completely mixed together.
- Prepare a glass baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pour the cheesy rotini mixture into the glass dish and sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees (depending on the size/shape of the dish you use).
We recently updated our kitchen and our family is having so much fun making our family recipes on our new LG ProBake range. If you’re in a huge hurry, you can always use the convect bake option to really speed things up. I find myself using the convect bake often!
Quick and Easy Cheesy Rotini dinner recipe – warm, filling, and most importantly, delicious. Just hand me a spoon!
Makes 4-5 servings. Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Love easy, family friendly, and kid-approved recipes? Check out our 10 Minute Homemade Top Ramen Recipe: