This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies
This is definitely one of those easy DIY recipes that you will want to save for a rainy day (or any day when you feel like baking but don’t want to go overboard). Everybody knows that I’m a HUGE fan of those pink and white sprinkled Circus Animal Cookies. There’s just something about them! The taste reminds me of my childhood and, darn it, they are just so cute!
Today we took the cookies to the next level. We stuffed them inside homemade sugar cookies! See it inside there? OMG it’s like a little surprise from sugar heaven!
These cookies turned out so cute and I even sent one to school in my kids’ lunch box because they were just as delicious the next day (can you imagine how excited they were that day at school?). We love having fun with easy desserts and recipes. These Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies are sure to be made again and again at our house! We know you will love them too.
- Circus Animal Cookies (the bag looks like this)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks of softened butter (real butter)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Non-stick spray
Watch how we made them!
Follow us on YouTube here.
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl: Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder
- In a mixing bowl: Mix the softened butter together with the confectioner’s sugar for about 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Add the egg to your butter/sugar mixture
- Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Little by little, add your “dry ingredients” from step #1 into your mixing bowl. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl occasionally to make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pull off small pieces of sugar cookie dough and wrap it around a Circus Animal Cookie (just enough to cover the cookie so it is hidden)
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet prepared with non-stick spray
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until golden.
Eat them warm, dip them in milk, and store them in a little container for tomorrow. I can promise, any leftovers won’t last long. NOBODY can resist a surprise inside treat! Especially when there are Circus Animal Cookies in there!
If you love sugar cookies, be sure to see this recipe (click the picture below):
This is such a great idea! I agree, I used to eat those cookies all the time too! So good and so fun, now this idea just takes them up a notch!
Thank you for sharing this post!