Deep Dish Pizza Bake
Imagine a day when you’re short on time but need to get dinner cooked fast (it’s not hard to imagine, right?). You consider ordering pizza, but no, that’s not what you planned, especially on a school night. You want to make dinner for your family and you want an easy recipe that is filling AND tasty.
Look no further. Our Deep Dish Pizza Bake is DEEE-LISH!!!!
Oh… and it’s quick to make too (bonus!)
You might have seen me take a picture of this recipe here on Instagram the day that we made it.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 11 x 7 glass baking dish
- Non-stick spray
- 1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust dough
- 1 container of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (14 oz) pizza sauce jar – I used Ragu
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Pepperoni (and whatever other toppings you like!)
Watch it come together!
- Prepare the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Place the pizza crust dough on the bottom of the dish
- Add the jar of pizza sauce on top using a spoon
- Open the biscuit container and cut each biscuit in half. There are 10 biscuits in each container, so you’ll end up with 20 pieces. I use my kitchen scissors (the ones designated for food) to quickly cut the biscuits.
- Place the biscuit halves around the outside of the pizza crust dough as pictured.
- Place the mozzerella over the pizza sauce.
- Put the Parmesan cheese on top of that.
- Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
- Add the pepperoni! Get creative with your favorite toppings:)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 20 mintues or until you see that the middle is cooked (without burning the biscuits along the side).
And here it is once it’s cooked
OMG! SO GOOD!
It’s a dinner that you will want to cut with a knife and eat with a fork because it’s deeper than a normal pizza.
Sprinkle with peppers, dip in ranch dressing, and go wild! That’s what pizza is for!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator …… if you have any leftovers:)
Makes about 6 servings.
So if you saw us making this on Instagram, then you happen to know that I was cooking breakfast at the same time for the next day (that’s what busy moms do in order to keep up!). Thanks to our new LG ProBake, I was able to cook both dishes in different ovens and save our family time! Here’s the breakfast I was also making: