Egg Salad Sandwich
One of my very favorite things that my mom used to make were egg salad sandwiches!! I literally looked forward to eating them at lunch time! She shared her simple recipe with me before she passed away and I’m so excited to teach my own kids how to make it. Egg salad is extremely easy to make and it is fun too! Now that school is starting, we are back into the swing of school lunches! You and your kids will love this recipe (mouth waters here):
For this recipe, you and your kids will need:
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- And egg slicer
- Nature’s Own Honey Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt & pepper (optional for kids!)
My kids are borderline picky eaters, so if you can relate at all, then you’ll understand why Honey Wheat from Nature’s Own is America’s favorite bread brand! It has no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors and no high fructose corn syrup.
Show your kids how to make this egg salad sandwich:
- Peel the hard boiled eggs
- Slice them using a super fun egg slicer (no really, your kids will be mesmerized by this!)
- Place the sliced eggs in a bowl and add in the mayo and mustard. Adjust the mustard amount if you really love it!
- Sprinkle in a dash of salt and pepper if your kids like it. Mine don’t, so we keep it simple: egg salad and yummy bread!
- Place it between two slices of bread of store it covered in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
Add it to your preschooler’s lunch or snack and they will LOVE that they made it themselves!
Think back to when you were a kid in elementary school. You’d sit up at the lunch tables and open your lunch box. What did you REALLY look forward to eating? What did you really hope your mom had in there for you?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature’s Own. The opinions and text are all mine.