This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fairy Bread Bagel Cakes
Do you guys remember when we made Fairy Bread awhile back? It was such a huge hit! You guys loved it, my kids loved it, and it was so incredibly easy and fun to make.
So, today we’re kind of taking fairy bread to a new level. It’s definitely not your traditional fairy bread recipe, but it’s inspired by the real recipe (and it’s super duper sweet and yummy!). Introducing: Fairy Bread Bagel Cakes….. and just in case you’re wondering…. they’re actually the mini bagels because mini bagels are so cute!
These cakes are perfect for a special treat inside of a lunch box, a colorful dessert at a party, or even a gift to friends! Just imagine how many ways you can justify the use of fairy bread! While most recipes use butter, this one really kicks it up a notch on the sweet meter. These bagel cakes are more like actual cupcakes. The inside filling is more like frosting, and the final product is just as fun as eating cake (but much more convenient because you don’t need a fork!).
- For the Fairy Bread filling:
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- For the Cake
- 10 miniature bagels (plain)
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and powdered sugar until fully mixed.
- Add in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix at a medium to high speed until fluffy.
- Pull apart or cut the mini bagels in 1/2.
- Spread the fairy bread filling over each piece.
- Cover the fairy bread filling with rainbow sprinkles.
- Put the bagel halves back together and eat the fairy bread bagel cakes like a sandwich!
Fairy Bread Bagel Cakes will store nicely in the refrigerator for a day or two because bagels tend to harden quickly. I like to make just a couple at a time and store the frosting in the refrigerator. That way the bagels stay soft in their original container and we can pull them out and make more when we’re in the mood!
Just in case you missed it, here is our original recipe for Fairy Bread. CLICK HERE
Such a simple idea! Love this.