We absolutely love Valentine’s Day here at Smart School House. We love hearts, anything pink, and especially the adorable treats that everyone shares for Valentine’s Day. Today we made a snack and it is cuter than cute! Everybody loves a good quesadilla (especially on chilly or rainy days like today). But heart quesadillas … even better!
Quesadillas are a go-to snack for our kids. They are quick to make and fill up their little tummies so they can continue to play. Anytime we can make our favorite food more fun, we go for it!
Watch how we put them together!
Can you tell that we like to have fun with our food?! We paired our cheesy quesadilla with some pink, red, and purple homemade heart shaped tortilla chips.
To see how to make those chips, click here.
Wouldn’t your kids, family, or friends love these?
Heart QuesadillasPrint Here
You Will Need
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Heart shaped cookie cutters
- Use a large heart cookie cutter to create heart shaped tortillas (kids are really good at doing this!)
- Sprinkle cheese on one tortilla. Keep the cheese toward the center because it will melt outwards.
- Put a second heart tortilla on top.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side (or until it turns brown as seen in the video).
- Serve warm!