Aloha! We are at Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii on a much needed family vacation. See what we’ve been up to here on Instagram. We’ve really been in love with everything Disney since we got here. You might have seen us make these Mickey Biscuits and today we got creative again making Mickey Pretzels! After a long hard day at the beach and in the lazy river (hah!), we needed a nice warm snack inside.
I think our DIY Mickey Pretzels hit the spot! Best of all, they took 10 minutes to make.
One of the many reasons we love to go to Disney Parks it to eat. Disney has some of the most amazing snacks, and one of my favorites is a Mickey Pretzel! I just think it’s more fun to eat items that are shaped like Mickey.
They’re so easy to make that your kids can actually do all of the work! I did mention we were on vacation, right? I think my kids deserve to do a little of the work around here….. well, if the work involves making Mickey Pretzels!
Disney = good. Food = good. Disney food = GREAT. Be sure to share this with all of your Disney loving friends!
Once again, these Mickey Pretzels were so easy to make that I’m surprised we didn’t think of it before:)
You Will Need
- 1 can of pretzel dough (we used this kind)
- 1/2 of water
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking sheet.
- Unroll & Separate dough into strips (strips are precut in the package)
- Split one strip in half.
- Take one half and split it in half again (these will be for the 2 Mickey ears)
- Roll the strips so they become a little longer.
- Create one large circle and two smaller circles with your 3 dough pieces.
- Make sure they are touching so that they bake together in one piece when creating the Mickey shape.
- Stir 1/2 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda in a small bowl. Brush top of each pretzel dough evenly with soda water mixture
- Sprinkle each pretzel lightly with a pinch of salt that comes with the pretzel dough (about 1/8 teaspoon). Discard unused salt.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown.