Make Ahead Sausage Hash Brown Burrito
Our Make ahead sausage hash brown burrito is, by far, a breakfast favorite in our house. My husband and I could eat these all day long (hah!). Really though- they’re that good! I make them on huge flour tortillas and save them in the refrigerator. We cut them one in half and share it. They leave you feeling full and energized. They are REALLY good on cold mornings too. This is a must-try make ahead breakfast recipe!
Breakfast burritos are a popular on-the-go breakfast that you can buy pre-made or at several drive through restaurants. But that can get expensive! Instead, we buy all of the same ingredients in larger quantities and make them ourselves in order to save money AND time. Sound like something you’d like to do too? Your kids will love them-
- Frozen Hash Browns – whatever kind you like! These hash brown patties are our favorite (no shame here!)
- Scrambled Eggs
- Large Flour Tortilla
- Sausage patties
- Non-stick spray
Watch how we make them:
- Bake 6 frozen hash browns on a pre-greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 420 degrees (or however your package indicates!)
- Scramble 4 eggs. Either add in the cheese while you scramble the eggs or add it afterwards. It’s up to you!
- Over medium heat, cook the sausage patties, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Put the flour tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it warm (this prevents it from breaking when you roll it up).
- Cut the hash browns and sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Layer all of the ingredients in the burrito
- Roll the burrito up (as seen in the video)
- Cook the burrito on medium heat with a pan prepared with non-stick spray. Start with seam side of the burrito down, then flip it.
- Wrap the burrito in foil and save it —- or eat it right away!
This recipe makes 2 large burritos using extra large flour tortillas. Make whatever size you like, add more or less of each ingredient, and by all means, add additional ingredients you love! Have fun with them, customize them, and make them over and over.
Looking for more easy recipe ideas like this?
Check out our Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme recipe. You will LOVE this!