An easy slow cooker pulled pork recipe is a must have for busy families. This 5 ingredient crock pot pulled pork recipe includes white whine and ginger ale (say what?) for the most tender and tasty sandwiches you’ll ever make.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with White Wine
Easy crock pot recipes are my favorite! There’s nothing better than coming home to the delicious smell of slow cooking pulled pork. This 5 ingredient recipe uses both white wine and ginger ale. Gather the ingredients in advance, set it, and forget it!
Pulled pork can be used in more than pulled pork sandwiches. You can adjust this recipe to make tacos, burritos, nachos, put it over rice, and so much more!
This pulled pork recipe made in a crock pot is great to serve a larger crowd. Or, you can simply eat the leftovers as quickly as possible like we tend to somehow doL)
Anything that can be made in a slow cooker is the best. Dinner is ready when you are! You can cook this recipe on high if you don’t have all day, but if you start it in the morning, it can cook on low for several hours.
White wine, nothing fancy, cheap “cooking wine” is best for this recipe.
More crock pot and slow cooker recipes:
- Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes – easy, cheesy, and irresistible
- Summer Crock Pot Recipes – some of them are great all year round, too!
- Thanksgiving Slow Cooker Recipes – everything from the main meal to dessert.
- Dump and Go Recipes – prep. food in a bag then dump it in the crock pot when you’re ready.
- SMART Slow Cooker Recipes – this is one of my favorites!
- Freezer Crock Pot Recipes – money saving bulk sized slow cooker recipes.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
We like to eat pulled pork sandwiches on fresh dinner rolls from the bakery. I cut them in half, butter each side, then cook them in a pan until they are perfectly brown. The buttery flavor, mixed with the crunch of the toasted bread, combined with the deliciously tender pulled pork is unbeatable!
Add a fresh salad and some french fries on the side. You know what else I love? Putting cabbage (or lettuce) and purple onion on each of my sandwiches. Sure, my kids don’t like the lettuce and onion… but maybe someone in your house likes it too! Oh and don’t worry, the alcohol in the wine cooks off so this recipe is good for the entire family:)
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with White WinePrint Here
You Will Need
- White Wine (nothing fancy, “cooking wine” is best)
- Ginger Ale
- BBQ Sauce
- White Onion
- Bone-in Pork Shoulder
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Prepare your slow cooker with pam or non stick spray.
- Place the pork shoulder in the crock pot.
- Add a 50/50 mixture of white wine and ginger ale to your crock pot. Since slow cookers come in different sizes, the size meat you purchase and the amount of liquid used will vary.
- Add enough wine and ginger ale so that it covers the meat.
- Place chunks of fresh cut onion on top (add optional salt & pepper):
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours (or on high for 4 hours)
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker.
- Using a fork, shred the meat away from the bone. It will fall right off because it’ll be so tender!
- Place the shredded meat in a pot over medium to low heat.
- Add about a cup of BBQ sauce to the pot (more or less depending on the size and your preference).
- Stir in the BBQ sauce until fully combined.
- Serve hot!