Hello there! Today we made something so delicious, so cute, and so easy! Strawberry Cream Cheese Wontons are sweet and fluffy. They are cream cheese filled treats mixed with buttery soft wonton flavor then drizzled in white chocolate. Best of all, they are baked – not fried! If you’re up for an easy (yet, impressive looking) 4 ingredient dessert, these are just for you. I can’t wait to show you how to make them…
Strawberry Cream Cheese Wontons
For this recipe you will need the following 4 very-easy-to-find ingredients:
- Strawberry cream cheese
- Wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Vanilla Candi Quik or white chocolate
You will also need the following supplies:
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick spray
- Basting brush
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- Tall cup
- Ziplock baggie
Watch how Strawberry Cream Cheese Wontons are assembled and baked:
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl (about 15 seconds)
- Lay the wonton wrappers out on the baking sheet
- Add a small “dollup” of strawberry cream cheese to the center
- Liberally apply the melted butter around all 4 sides of the wonton papers
- Lift the corners of the wonton wrappers up and pinch them together (as seen in the video). The liberally applied butter will allow them to stick.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- While they are baking, melt the white chocolate or Candi Quik in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Place a ziplock baggie over a cup and pour the melted chocolate inside the baggie (the cup helps keep the baggie standing while you pour).
- Remove the wontons from the oven, cut a tiny piece off of the corner of the baggie with the melted chocolate, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the wontons.
- Let them cool for about 5 minutes.
So EASY! In just a few minutes you have created a sinfully sweet and incredible handheld dessert that people will LOVE!
We will be having these for Valentine’s Day, but I’m pretty sure they will make another appearance again in the spring and summer. I love that they are baked and not fried, which not only makes them slightly healthier, they are quick and easy to make as well.
You might also like our recipe for Baked Cream Cheese Wontons too!