It is hot outside and we are loving every bit of it! Well, I should be totally honest and say that “hot” to us is about 80 degrees (eye-roll, I know!). I wish that it could be summer all year round here. The days are longer, the nights are warmer, and the fruit is delicious! The kids and I are growing watermelons in our garden and we have a watermelon slushie recipe that we’d like to share with you. It has one secret ingredient that makes it super special,
and super yummy….
The secret ingredient is Cool Whip! Cool Whip is frozen and has a slightly sweet taste. Instead of adding plain sugar to this slushie, the Cool Whip adds a creamy sugar taste and, if I do say so myself, it knocks this watermelon slushie recipe out of the park!
- 5 cups of crushed ice
- 4 cups of cubed watermelon (seedless)
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- And the secret ingredient: 1/2 cup of Cool Whip
- I like to mix the cubed watermelon pieces and the crushed ice together in a bowl first so that they blend together easily in the blender.
- Add the Cool Whip and the squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Blend until full combined.
- Serve in a cold glass with a straw!
It is so icy and so cold but not overwhelmingly sweet!
If you’d like to serve these with the cute watermelon straw tag, simply click on the image below, drag it to your desktop, double click the image on your desktop, and hit “file” then “print” (some size modifications might need to be made). You can print them on sticky paper or use double sided take to attach them to straws.
Is your mouth watering yet?
If you love slushies like we do, then you’ll LOVE our Raspberry Lemonade Slushie too!
Original clipart from: www.myclipartstore.com