BOO! It’s that time of year when we love all things spooky and sweet for Halloween. This Halloween Ice Cream Made with Jello recipe is not only sweet, it reminds me of a witch because of the black cone with green and purple ice cream colors (you can thank the Jello for those colors!).
Halloween Ice Cream Made with Jello
We were at the grocery store recently when I spotted these black Oreo ice cream cones. They reminded me of witch hats so I just had to have them! What kind of ice cream would also remind me of a witch? Green and purple ice cream, of course! We’ve created a Jello Ice Cream recipe a few years ago and it is SOOOOOO DELICIOUS. Time and time again people come back for the recipe because it’s just that tasty… and easy to make!
Some homemade ice cream recipes call for several ingredients, hours of time, and lots of patience. No Jello Ice Cream though! You can make this ice cream with or without an ice cream maker in just about 20 minutes. Best of all, you can mix and match the flavors and colors using any box of powder Jello mix. How’s that for cool?
But today we’re focusing on green and purple Jello Ice cream because it’s Halloween!
Halloween is the time to splurge a little on extra special treats like this ice cream. I added some pink and green mini chocolate chips to the bowl, but you can also make it into little ice cream cones. My kids have REALLY enjoyed these little cones after school.
To make Jello Ice Cream (or Halloween Ice Cream), you will need the following ingredients. But, you do not need an ice cream maker, so don’t be worried! Any color and flavor of Jello powder will work (as seen here).
Once the vanilla ice cream is created in one big batch, you can use the green and purple powdered Jello to add additional flavor and color. Simply separate the vanilla ice cream into however many bowls you need. In this case, I used 2 bowls: one for the green ice cream and one for the purple.
Using a spoon, mix the Jello powder into the ice cream. The powder dissolves easily so kids are good at this part of the job too:)
Once the flavors are mixed in, place the ice cream into 1 freezer safe dish with the different flavors side by side or layered on top of each other. You can’t go wrong! See the full recipe below
Halloween Ice Cream Made with Jello
Halloween Ice Cream Made with JelloPrint Here
You Will Need
- KitchenAid ice cream maker (optional)
- Junket Ice Cream Mix in Very Vanilla. I found mine above the Jello mix at my grocery store or you can get it HERE
- 1 1/4 cups of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1-4 teaspoons of powder Jello flavors: Lime for green ice cream and Grape for purple ice cream
- Air tight and freezer safe container for storage
- 2 bowls
- 2 spoons
- 1 spatula
Ice Cream Maker Recipe:
- Freeze your KitchenAid ice cream bowl for at least 15 hours
- Place the 2 bowls in the freezer for about 30 minutes
- With a whisk, combine the Junket Ice Cream Mix with the whole milk and heavy whipping cream until fully dissolved
- Put your ice cream bowl on “stir” then gently pour the mixture into the frozen ice cream maker
- Let it stir for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the 2 glass bowls from the freezer and evenly separate the vanilla ice cream into them using a spatula.
- Put 2-4 teaspoons of the different Jello powder flavors in each bowl and gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Add enough to reach the desired color and flavor. Try to do this as fast as you can to prevent the ice cream from melting (which is why the frozen bowls are necessary).
- Put the 2 ice cream flavors in a container that can be sealed and frozen (such as a glass container with a lid).
- Put a lid on the container and let it freeze for about 1-2 hours before eating. You can, however, eat it right away for more of a “soft serve” ice cream.
Recipe without Ice Cream Maker
- Combine the Junket Ice Cream Mix with 1/ 1/4 cups of whole milk and 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a 9″ x 5″ pan and freeze it until it is firm.
- Break it into chunks with a fork, then put the chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the chunks with an electric mixer until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Repeat steps 6-10 in the first set of directions above.