Candy Corn Sugar Scrub
Who is obsessed with everything candy corn during the fall? I am, I am! If you’ve been here to Smart School House before, then you know I’m also a huge fan of making fun and pretty sugar scrubs. You also might have seen me tease about this Candy Corn Sugar Scrub if you follow me on Instagram (which I love you so much for!). It’s so fun to make and would be a perfect handmade gift to someone special this Halloween!
Have you ever used a sugar scrub before? They are an easy and affordable way to keep your skin exfoliated, glowing, and moisturized. Candy Corn Sugar Scrub has one special ingredient: Baby oil! Baby oil is inexpensive, easy to find, and gentle. It makes a perfect ingredient for DIY
The fun thing about a sugar scrub recipe is that you can make it as smooth or fluffy as you like. I ejoy a fluffier sugar scrub, so I use more sugar in my recipe. The Candy Corn Sugar Scrub recipe contains 4 simple ingredients:
- 3 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of baby oil
- 1/4 cup of baby wash
- A tiny bit of food coloring (yellow and orange)
- Combine the sugar, baby oil, and baby wash in a bowl.
- If you want your sugar scrub to be fluffy (I prefer it to be fluffy and it helps create easier layers) then simply add more sugar.
- Separate the mixture into 3 smaller bowls.
- Mix in just a tiny bit of food yellow and orange food coloring into two of the bowls, leaving one bowl white.
- Layer the colors inside of a jar by pressing the sugar scrub down in between layers (I used the handle of an ice cream scoop to press).
- Store in an air tight container and use within 2-3 weeks!
Isn’t it fun? I found the yellow and orange food coloring at Michael’s craft stores. I love that place! They happen to carry lots of food coloring options so it’s more fun to shop for food coloring there than at the grocery store.
If you want to prepare for the holiday season ahead, be sure to check out my Candy Cane Sugar Scrub HERE