This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Goldfish Summer Gift Holder and Giveaway!
Goldfish® crackers remind me of such wonderful childhood memories. We always had them around! The taste brings back visions of my stress free, fun loving, warm and sunny days of the past. Today’s craft embraces the happiness that comes along with what we all feel when we munch on Goldfish crackers. With summer just around the corner, my kids and I grabbed some craft foam, some Goldfish crackers, and calmly worked around the table on these adorable Summer Gift Holders. They are perfect for the end of the school year! Plus, I have a $100 Visa giveaway for one lucky Goldfish cracker lover!
We decided to join in on the fun and create something that shares how much we love the cheddar crackers through words and an easy to make sun shaped cracker holder. Want to see what we did to help inspire your entry in the Goldfish Tales giveaway?
You will need:
- Orange sheets of craft foam
- A plastic sandwich baggie
- 2 circle stencils to trace. One big and one slightly smaller (tracing around cups work great for this!)
- Goldfish cheddar crackers
- Your free “Summer Tans & Goldfish in my Hands” printable (seen below)
- White glue (or glue gun for moms & dads)
- Hole punch
To assemble your Goldfish gift holder:
- Trace 2 large circles in the orange craft foam and cut them out. This is your base.
- Trace a smaller circle on one of your large orange circles.
- Cut out the small circle that you just traced on the large circle, creating and empty space in the middle (mom or dad can use an X-Acto knife to start the initial cut). This is your border.
- Cut out 8 small sun rays in the orange craft foam.
- Place a small handful of Goldfish crackers on the base circle.
- Place a plastic baggie over the Goldfish crackers and attach it with hot glue. Hot glue works the fastest!
- Cut the extra edges of the baggie off around the base.
- Glue the sun rays on the very outer edge of the base (see in the photos above).
- Glue the border on top.
- Punch a hole in the “Summer tans & Goldfish in my hands” printable and tie it on with some string.
To get your free printable, click the image below. Then, click on the printer button seen at the top of the next screen:
Isn’t this fun? Goldfish crackers are an easy snack that always puts a smile on my kids’ face. I love how this Goldfish Summer Gift Holder adds an extra special twist to carrying one of our favorite snacks around. It is so fun to celebrate summer and spend fun time with my kids!
What are you going to make for your entry on Goldfish Tales? After you submit your tale, be sure to share it with me! I’d love to see what you come up with!
Are your ready for my $100 Visa gift card giveaway? To enter for a chance to win, leave a comment in the comments section below and tell me:
“Why do Goldfish crackers make your family smile?”
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/14/15 – 6/11/15.