My kids and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen creating new recipes and also whipping up family favorite recipes. My kids usually watch me take photos of whatever we’re making, and often times love helping me take the photos. When you’re working with sugar, sprinkles, and fun ingredients, what child wouldn’t want to be involved? Stella and Mitch always want to get behind my camera and do what I do. I thought it was time to let THEM make their own recipe and document it with their own cameras. They each used Fujifilm Instax cameras to create a cookie mood board in our kitchen. I have to say….. I’m leaving this adorable mood board up for a while! Today they made what they call “cupcake cookies” …. with extra sprinkles. They can’t wait to teach you the recipe!
For this recipe, you will need:
- Non-stick spray
- Cookie sheet
- A box of rainbow sprinkle cake mix
- A can of white/vanilla frosting
- Extra sprinkles
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
For this project we used our two Instax Mini 8 Instant Cameras. The cameras allow us to take instant photos to add to our mood board! The cameras are super cute and easy to carry and use.
Both of my kids obviously took their recipe photos very seriously. They stood up on chairs, got in really close, and focused a lot on getting just the right shot. I helped them adjust the setting on the cameras based on the recommended settings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine the box of cake mix with 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Stir together until smooth
- Place rounded spoonfuls on the cookie dough 1.5 inches apart on the cookie sheet
- Bake for 6 minutes (the bottoms of the cookies will brown very quickly!)
- Let cool
- Add more sprinkles on top
They call these Cupcake Cookies because we’re technically using a box of cupcake mix (or cake mix). Somehow, they turn out REALLY soft, chewy, and absolutely delicious. Add a little cupcake frosting on top and they are irresistible! Since the pictures automatically printed out of the camera, we were able to hang them across a chalkboard in our kitchen with twinkle lights and small clothespins. The empty chalkboard now tells their story of how to make Cupcake Cookies!
Try making your own kitchen mood board!
Click HERE to learn more about Fujifilm’s Instax cameras.
Ready to enter our GIVEAWAY?!
All you have to do is leave a comment for us in the comment section below answering this question:
What would you make using your Instax camera to make a Recipe by Photo board in your kitchen?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#MyInstaxSweeps” and tag @Instax; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 4/27/16– 4/30/16.
Make sure to check out Fujifilm Instax Camera.