This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Trash Bag Apron
You know those days when kids art projects are really messy, paint & craft supplies are getting all over the place, and you’re trying to keep yourself clean? Yeah, today was one of those days for us. That’s why I’ve decided to share this smart little trash bag hack with you: a DIY trash bag apron! Wrap it around your waist, tie it in the back, and keep your clothes clean! Do all of that while picking up scraps, messy paper towels, paint, and even glitter. The trash bag still functions as a nifty place to quickly toss things in the middle of a mess. A teacher’s dream come true on art days and a mom’s quick and handy trick for cleaning up on the go with creative little ones! You’re going to love how I make this…
To make one of these handy trash bag aprons, you will need the following supplies:
- Glad Force Flex KitchenPro trash bags. They are Glad’s biggest and strongest trash bags with an inner layer of ForceFlex, which helps the apron stretch so you can quickly toss messes right into it, and an outer layer of LeakGuard, which keeps anything you put in the bag from soiling your clothes.
Ready to see how it is done?
- Lay the trash bag down on a flat surface and make a small cut in the upper left corner, revealing the drawstring inside.
- Repeat step 1 on the upper right corner.
- Locate the opening for the drawstring in the center. Cut the handle in half. Only cut the handle on the top side (as pictured) not the one on the other side.
- Pull out the drawstrings from the small sections you opened up in step 1 and 2.
- Now that both handles are pulled out, it will look like this (see the apron starting to come together?!).
- Wrap it around your waist or hips then tie the handles in a bow on your back like this:
You are ready to go! Have no worries when you reach to help a kiddo and bump into a messy table filled paint, glue, etc. Glad ProFlex trash bags are their strongest with double the protection meaning that you will stay clean while messes are all around. Sticky hands and spills are no match for this quick on-the-go apron! There’s 53% more bag with Glad ProFlex so your clothes will be protected…
My favorite part of the apron is the stretchable strength it has. So, it still works as a bag to actually throw stuff away. No more running messes across the room to the nearest trash can! Clean up as you go with this trash bag apron. You can even wipe up glitter, craft sand, and scraps from the table right into your apron.
Crafting & DIY messes are no match for Glad’s newest product offering Kitchen Pro trash bags.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad. The opinions and text are all mine.
This is so smart!
I absolutely LOVE the white tennis shoes!! What brand are those???? I need them in my life!
Thank you! You can find them here: https://amzn.to/2jLanKQ