This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today we are sharing step by step visual instructions teaching you how to make washcloth butterflies. This is an adorable and easy craft idea for adults and kids too!
For our washcloth butterflies, we happened to use baby-sized washcloths. But, a regular-size washcloth will work also!
What we love most about making butterflies out of washcloths is that it is so EASY. Some washcloth animals can be hard to make, but we like to keep things easy and cute:)
Supplies needed to make a washcloth butterfly
Washcloth (baby size or regular size)
Pipe cleaners – in any choice of color
Glue – we used hot glue but tacky glue would be great too
We think these washcloth butterflies would be really cute as part of a diaper cake or as baby shower decor. If you want, you could always use double sided tape on the googly eyes to ensure that the washcloths remain perfect for a mom to be!
Washcloth butterflies are also a great idea for school crafts (spring-summer) as well as after school clubs crafts, girl scouts crafts, birthday party crafts…or, if you’re like us… just crafting for fun! If anything, washcloth butterflies are a super cute gift idea.
A Boo-Boo Bunny is a washcloth bunny (directions here). You can put a little ice cube inside of a washcloth bunny to put on top of a boo-boo. I think it would be cute to make a boo-boo butterfly too! You could leave off the eyes and simply add an ice cube or two to the butterfly. I’m sure kids would LOVE that!
Other washcloth animal instructions:
Washcloth ButterfliesPrint Here
You Will Need
- Washcloth (baby size or regular size)
- Pipe cleaners – in any choice of color
- Googly eyes
- Glue – we used hot glue but tacky glue would be great too
- Fold both sides of the washcloth inwards so they meet at the middle
- Turn the washcloth and fold each side again, meeting at the mi ddle
- Tuck one end into the other
- Flip the washcloth over
- Cinch the middle of the washcloth together in the center (creating butterfly wings) and secure it by twisting a pipe cleaner
- Trim the butterfly antennae as desired
- Glue on googly eyes