Now that summer is almost here, we’re spending more time outside and at the beach. I just LOVE the beach and today’s craft uses beach-inspired elements that will look gorgeous in every home! These Wine Glass Candle Holders with starfish, seashells, and sea glass are delicately gorgeous and elegant.
Wine Glass Candle Holders
You can either find various supplies at the beach, or you can find all the supplies at a craft store. Consider going to the dollar store to purchase the wine glasses! Apart from the nautical supplies, you will also need hot glue, floral embellishments, and cardboard or a thick paper plate.
I found this sand at Michaels as well as the seashells and starfish. The green sea glass was actually found at our local beach. During certain tides, we can walk along the shore and collect sea glass of all colors! Begin by tracing the top of the wine glass around cardboard or a thick paper plate. I used a thick paper plate.
If you plan to use a starfish, hot glue it to the circle cardboard. That way, it will stand up perfectly in place inside the glass. You can use hot glue (or something stronger) to attach the cardboard piece with the starfish to the lip of the wine glass.
Wine Glass Candle Holders with Starfish and Seashells
Once the cardboard “cap” is glued and secured, flip the wineglass over and watch how perfectly the shells and sea glass sit in the sand! You can gently shake the glass to adjust where the decorations are in the glass. Next, I glued rope around the glass for an extra nautical touch. I love it! If you’re putting together a beach-themed event, you MUST see my nautical stacked fish bowl centerpiece!
Since the wine glass is flipped upside down, it leaves the perfect platform for a candle! Find a glass votive that fits on the wine glasses stand and a coordinating candle to go inside. Glue more nautical rope around the bottom of the wine glass. Pour a little more sand at the bottom of the candle holder before putting the candle in. Place the candle on top!
At the last minute, I decided to add a floral embellishment to the stem of the wine glass. I LOVE how it frames the candle, softens the overall look, and adds a splash of color! The little bunch of florals are held together with a seashell. Since I’m using these in my home, I used hot glue for this project because the wine glass candle holders won’t be moving very much. If you’re using these as party decor, I recommend using stronger glue.
More DIY Home Decor Projects by Smart School House to Try Next:
Wine Glass Candle Holders with Starfish, Sand, Seashells, and Sea Glass
You Will Need
- Wine glasses (consider getting them at the dollar store!)
- Sand, Seashells, Starfish, etc (can all be found at a craft store)
- Hot glue or stronger
- Floral embellishments
- Glass votive
- Votive candle
- Cardboard or sturdy paper plate
- Trace a circle around the lip of the wine glass on cardboard or a thick and sturdy paper plate
- Glue the starfish onto the cardboard circle
- Pour a little sand into the wine glass and sprinkle in beach decor like sea glass and shells
- Glue the cardboard onto the wine glass to secure the sand and decorations inside
- Glue rope around the outside of the cardboard circle (this helps hide the cardboard too!)
- Glue floral embellishments and a seashell to the stem of the glass.
- Add more rope, a glass votive filled with sand, and a candle on top!