This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake Recipe! Take all 5 ingredients, dump them into a baking dish, and serve it warm with ice cream. A dump cake is like the slow cooker version of homemade cakes… but doesn’t take nearly as long as a crockpot! I love any recipe where you can set it and forget it!
Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
When I made it today they kept coming inside to grab just another bite. It stayed warm in the kitchen and I kept ice cream nearby just for the warm and cold bites to pair each time they came inside to visit me (ok, I know they just wanted to eat cake LOL!)
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
A dump cake is a SUPER easy cake recipe made with cake mix and fruit filling. You basically dump the ingredients into a baking dish then place it in the oven.
- French vanilla cake mix (any brand)
- Apple pie filling (any brand)
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
The cake mix is combined with melted butter to make an irresistible crumble top to the dump cake. It cooks over the apple pie filling to create an irresistible, unforgettable, and unreal apple cinnamon taste!
Fall recipes are for cozying up, enjoying the fruit of the season (like apples!), and enjoying time together as a family. The most important thing in the world is family and love. The most important thing in the world is family and love.
If you prefer to use fresh apple pie filling, go for it! Trust me, it’s a recipe you will make and your family will gobble it up in no time!
Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Rectangular baking dish (9×13 or a little smaller works too)
- Non-stick spray
- Mixing bowl
- Microwave safe bowl
- 1 box French vanilla cake mix (any brand)
- 2 cans apple pie filling (any brand)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Melt the butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with the dry cake mix. Use a fork to break up the chunks into small crumbles.
- Prepare the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pour both cans of apple pie filling into the baking dish
- Top the apple pie filling with the French vanilla cake mix/butter mixture evenly
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top
- Add ground cinnamon over the brown sugar (I do a light even coat throughout).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides start to bubble. The size of your dish will make the baking time vary by a few minutes, but just look for those bubbles on the sides of your dish and enjoy the smell while you wait!
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream