Yay for fun cookies! Our Hawaiian Punch Cookies are sure to capture the attention of every kid in sight (and cookie loving moms like me). They are colorful, packed with fun flavors, and extremely fun to make with kids. The recipe isn’t too difficult- because, let’s face it, ain’t nobody got time for that in this house! Plus, the color options and combinations are so unique. You’re going to love this cookie recipe… whisper voice: and so will your kids…
Hawaiian Punch Cookies
The kids just love them and they are packed with fun and familiar flavors. Our special ingredient to flavor up these cookies is simply using packages of Hawaiian Punch powder mix… yes, Hawaiian Punch. The result… pure fun and pure flavor. 🙂 I’m always looking for fun activities to do with the kids during the summer. And making these Hawaiian Punch cookies together is one of our favorites!
These Hawaiian Punch Cookies are really easy to make.
All you do is prepare the batter like you would with normal cookies. Once that is complete you will separate them into 4 bowls (if you have 4 different colors). Then you are going to pour in the Hawaiian package into each bowl. Start kneading the powder drink miix into the batter and you will start to see them change colors. For some cookies, I did have to add in some food coloring because they just weren’t bold enough for me. This is the most time consuming, but if you have a houseful of kids like me then put them to work. They loved it!
Once all the Hawaiian Punch is mixed in you will then form them into balls, and flatten with a glass. Again… the kids had a blast helping with this part. Colorful, tasty, and fantastically FUN Hawaiian Punch Cookies!
The kids and I love to bake all types of desserts together. Cookies are our favorite because they’re simple, quick and taste delicious. These cookies are perfect for baking with kids because they’re easy. Talk about a win-win 🙂 These colorful cookies are also a fun recipe to make during the holidays with the kids. We love to make red and blue versions for 4th of July or red and green jello cookies for Christmas. They are also great for Cinco de Mayo. Simple, festive and delicious!
Hawaiian Punch CookiesPrint Here
You Will Need
- Hawaiian Punch powder packs in your choice of flavor (using 1/2 tsp. increments)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1.5 cups of butter (softened)
- Food coloring (optional, of course!)
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the white sugar and the softened butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla. Continue to mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in the flour and baking powder mixture.
- Remove the prepared cookie dough and separate it into however many Hawaiian Punch flavors you desire (we did 4 sections).
- Add 1/2 tsp. of Hawaiian Punch flavoring to each different section. The powder is potent, so don’t add too much!
- With your hands (your kids will love this), combine the Hawaiian Punch flavoring into the cookie dough.
- Add food coloring to enhance the different Hawaiian Punch flavors. This is optional, of course, but totally cool too!
- Place rounded dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet. I like to line my cookie sheets with foil, but you don’t have to!
- Flatten each cookie with the bottom of the glass
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes or just before the edges get too brown.