As I write this, I can confirm that these Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookies are completely gone. They were devoured by the neighborhood kids within minutes! Lazy chocolate chip cookie bars are the easiest cookies you will ever make!
Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Wether you’re in the mood for a late night snack or something sweet and decadent, these thick and ooey-gooey bars are just what you need.
Best of all, they hardly require any ingredients and they are done within about 30 minutes (from start to finish!). How’s that for lazy? Err… I mean amazing! Don’t go looking for sugar, vanilla, or a fancy mixer, these lazy chocolate chip cookie bars don’t require any of that!
How to Make Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our recipe went completely viral from the day I shared it here on Smart School House. That’s when you know the cookie recipe is SO GOOD!
Do you follow us here on Facebook? That’s where I originally published this recipe. We’d love for you to follow us! We are posting delicious and viral recipes alllll day ever single day.
More Cookie Recipes by Smart School House
- Giant Cookie Recipe
- Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches
- Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies
I made these after school for a fun snack. Not only did my kids like them, the whole neighborhood did:) Next time, we’ll add some vanilla ice cream on the side. That sounds DELICIOUS!
We also think these would be delicious to whip up on a cold evening after dinner. What’s better than a homemade dessert after dinner? Especially when the sun goes down at 4:00 pm haha! Whether you’re baking these after school in the spring, for a Christmas party, or just for fun after dinner, I can promise that you will absolutely LOVE them.
More Dessert Recipes
- Dump Cake
- Ice Cube Tray Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Cornbread Cupcakes
- Chai Tea Ice Cream
- Mug Treats
- Jello Ice Cream
Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie RecipePrint Here
You Will Need
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow cake mix (and brand)
- Non-stick spray
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz bag)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a pan (whatever size you want)
- Melt the butter then mix it with eggs until combined.
- Add in the cake mix and mix again.
- Add the chocolate chips (oh yes, the whole bag!) and mix all the ingredients together.
- Press the cookie dough into a baking dish prepared with non-stick spray
- Bake for 20 minutes, if you choose smaller pans bake for 25 to 28 minutes (I baked these ones for exactly 25 minutes)
- Let them cool for a moment then cut them into squares. The longer they cool, the better they will hold their shape.
- Serve with a cold cup of milk!