Aloha from Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii! We just surprised our kids with a trip to their favorite place! They had no idea we had planned this trip and the look on their faces when we woke them up to head to the airport was priceless:)
Flying here from California takes about 6 hours and we were both excited and a little tired too. Our villa here at Aulani has a full kitchen, which is kind of a dream come true for parents with younger kids. We can cook and prepare food like we normally do, saving both time and our sanity (let’s face it- going out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 10 days with kids can be really hard).
We’re still adjusting to the time change so we got hungry for dinner a little early yesterday. We needed something easy and delicious to make. Before we got to the hotel we went grocery shopping to fill up the kitchen. I spotted my kids’ favorite buttermilk biscuits in the fridge and an adorable idea popped into my head!
I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of this before…..
To make these 5 Buttermilk Mickey Biscuits, you will need:
- 1 package of Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (like these but they are sold individually at any grocery store)
- Non-stick spray
- Baking sheet
- Knife or kitchen scissors
- Kids! (optional- hah!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare your baking dish with non-stick spray (you can cover your baking sheet with foil like I did- that’s optional).
- Remove the biscuits from the container.
- Place one biscuit down and cut another biscuit in half. Have your kids roll the biscuit halves gently into circles (for Mickey’s ears).
- Have your kids assemble the Mickey Mouse biscuits as pictured. This takes 5 minutes or less!
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden. I found that they didn’t take very long to bake, so keep your eye on them.
Buttermilk Mickey Biscuits take 5 minutes to prep and they are delicious.
(Plus, they are really adorable)
Share this easy idea with all of your Disney loving friends!
Follow me here on Instagram to see what we are up to here at Disney’s Aulani Resort.
You might also love our 10 Minute Mickey Pretzels too!