This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Everyone likes lasagna! If you’re in a hurry like we often are, you will love this Million Dollar Lazy Lasagna recipe! This layered ravioli bake is a cheesy crowd pleasing dinner that has just a few easy-to-find ingredients. In less than an hour, dinner is on the table. Did you know that lasagna is a freezer friendly meal? It absolutely is!
Million Dollar Lazy Lasagna
This ravioli bake is a weeknight favorite the whole family loves. Lazy lasagna will become part of your regular dinner rotation. It tastes great and is so quick to make for the family. Perfect for chilly nights, but is great all year round:) It’s the perfect warm dish to bring to a potluck. Just cut the pieces in advance and leave a spatula beside the dish. I’m positive people will be asking you for the recipe.
HOW DO YOU MAKE LAZY LASAGNA?
It’s really quite easy, but here are step by step directions to make this Million Dollar Lazy Lasagna. You will need the following cheeses: Ricotta, Parmesan, and Mozzarella. You’ll also need frozen spinach, red pasta sauce, ready-to-cook refrigerated cheese ravioli, and ground Italian sausage (or Italian seasoned turkey!).
I use traditional pasta sauce, but consider using different flavors of pasta sauce to mix it up!
Start by putting a little marinara at the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Add the meat a cheese mixture (recipe at the very bottom) over the marinara. Then, arrange the ravioli on top.
Add mozzarella then more marinara on top of the ravioli. Then, you’ll add the rest of the meat and cheese mixture on top of the ravioli, followed by more mozzarella, and the remaining marinara sauce.
The very last step is to top it all off with another layer of mozzarella. This lasagne is 2 layers of each ingredient: meat/cheese mixture, marinara sauce, and mozzarella. The only exception is that you start by placing a few tablespoons of marinara sauce at the very bottom of the dish before starting the layering.
This ravioli bake is just like a delicious lasagna but requires much less work. It is filled with spinach and cheese and layered with red pasta sauce. This Lazy Lasagna Bake is everything wonderful about baked pasta. Better yet, it’s SUPER easy to make and the leftovers are just as good as the first night!
If you love classic lasagna, you’ll love this lazy version. It is great for dinner and is a go-to recipe the whole family loves, like our Taco Lasagna and Taco Pie.
Million Dollar Lazy Lasagna is a perfect meal, paired with a Cesar salad and breadsticks, and is ready from start to finish in less than an hour. With a creamy ricotta and mozzarella filling mixed with Italian sausage and spinach, topped with classic marinara sauce. This would also be delicious with Alfredo sauce for a white Lazy Lasagna!
Million Dollar Lazy LasagnaPrint Here
You Will Need
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (or Italian seasoned turkey)
- 1 package of frozen spinach (10 oz.)
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (can also be made with Alfredo sauce for a twist!)
- 15 oz. container of Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 “family size” package of fresh ready-to-cook cheese ravioli. Found in the refrigerated aisle.
- Non-stick spray
- (optional: cut Italian parsley for garnish)
Other Supplies Needed
- 9×13 baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Pan to brown meat
- Pot to cook spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Cook frozen spinach according to directions on package (in hot water for about 10 mins). Drain
- Brown the Italian sausage. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the Ricotta, Parmesan, and garlic powder until fully combined.
- Add the cooked ground meat and the cooked spinach to the cheese mixture
- Prepare the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Add 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce to cover the bottom of the baking dish
- Add 1/2 of the meat and cheese mixture to the baking dish using a spatula
- Arrange uncooked ravioli on top of the meat/cheese mixture
- Spread 1 cup of mozzarella over the ravioli
- Pour 1/2 of the remaining marinara sauce on top of the mozzarella cheese
- Repeat steps 8 and 9
- Pour the remaining 1/2 of the marinara sauce on top of the ravioli
- Top with another up of mozzarella cheese (you can add extra mozzarella to the very top if you want!)
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and browning.
- Cool, cut, and serve! Sprinkle cut Italian parsley as a garnish on top (optional)
*Tip: Million Dollar Lazy Lasagna can be prepared in a disposable dish and frozen for future use. Allow it to cool to room temp before reheating.