Cinco de Mayo is one of our favorite days to cook up something festive and delicious! We love Mexican food at our house. Tacos, burritos, taquitos, nachos … we eat those things on a regular basis! We recently tried something new with one of our favorite appetizers. We made a delicious Mexican Lasagna with mini tacos on top! Not only is the Mini Taco Lasagna a really wonderful dish to present at a party because it looks so fun, it is hands-down one of the tastiest Mexican dinners we’ve ever made. Best of all, it is SIMPLE to make (super important!). If you love Mexican food as much as we do, you’re going to love this easy recipe for Mini Taco Lasagna.
Mini Taco Lasagna
Just like a traditional lasagna dish, this Mexican lasagna is layered. Instead of pasta, ricotta, and mozzarella combinations, this meal includes tortillas, chilies, and tacos! The lasagna is baked in an 8×8 square dish and can be divided up as part of of a meal, or it can be divided up into appetizers for a crowed. We love meals that can serve different purposes like that! If you’re looking for a new, unique, easy, and scrumptious Cinco de Mayo recipe idea, try this!
Hungry yet? We devoured this dish — and the little leftovers we had were JUST as tasty! From ground beef and veggies to the dollop of sour cream on top, this Easy Baked Taco Lasagna has it all. If you’re throwing a Cinco de Mayo party, cut the lasagna into small pieces so your guests can grab one taco piece at a time (although they’ll come back for more). Place some sour cream and fresh guacamole out for the side.
A little Spanish style rice and even some sweet corn cake would be great with it too! Don’t forget the chips and salsa! Your guests will be so intrigued by this creative dish. It is most definitely going to get them in the mood to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with you!
This unique recipe is basically a fun twist on your classic taco or burrito. Simply layer your favorite taco ingredients into a baking dish, add mini tacos on top, and then bake it until warm and tasty. Top with fresh veggies and sour cream, and watch as everyone licks their plates clean.
You might also like our other Mexican recipes:
Mini Taco LasagnaPrint Here
You Will Need
- José Olé Beef & Cheese Mini Tacos (found in the frozen aisle)
- Non-stick spray
- About 9 corn tortillas
- 1 can of pinto beans (drained)
- 4 oz. can of sliced olives
- 7 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 1 packet of powder taco seasoning
- 1 bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 3/4 cups of salsa
- 8 x 8 baking dish
- frying pan (to cook the ground beef)
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray and preheat your oven to 400° F
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat
- Mix in the taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of salsa
- Place about 1/2 – 3/4 cup of the meat on the bottom of the baking dish
- Sprinkle the diced green chilies, sliced olives, and cheese on top (as seen in the video).
- Place 3 corn tortillas on top (2 full and one sliced in half as seen in the video).
- Repeat steps 4-6 two more times.
- Cover the dish with foil and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the foil and place 10 mini frozen tacos on top.
- Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings and side dishes!
Cover leftovers with foil and refrigerate. Reheat as necessary.
Serves 5-10 people depending on how the dish is presented (1 taco lasagna piece as party dish, 2 taco lasagna pieces as part of a meal)