Bake Mini Chicken Pot Pies in your favorite muffin tin and serve up a plate of smiles. Pot pies are comforting, delicious, and wonderful on a cold fall or winter day. These individual pot pies are done in just about 30 minutes.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
These almost homemade Mini Chicken Pot Pies are perfect for a party or a quick and easy dinner that your kids will love. Southern Style Pillsbury Grands biscuits from a can make the preparation simple!
Begin by warming up the pot pie filling. The biscuit dough bakes so quickly, that it’s important to add a warm mixture to the pot pie before baking so that everything cooks evenly. What’s my easy mixture? One can of either cream of chicken soup OR cream of mushroom soup, along with one can of mixed veggies, and one cup of cooked chicken cut into pieces. Consider using leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken!
Next, prepare your favorite muffin tin. The non-stick spray will really help the pot pies slide out onto a plate when they are done baking. Then, split each of the 8 buttermilk biscuits in half. The wonderful thing about these Homestyle Pillsbury Grands biscuits is that they pull apart into two halves VERY easily! Press half of each biscuit into the bottom of the muffin pan.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies in a Muffin Tin with Biscuits
Add a big spoonful of the warm pot pie filling into each “crust” in the muffin tin. The biscuits expand, so you don’t have to be skimpy with the filling. Plus, you want to achieve that rounded mound appearance.
Next, top off each pot pie with the remaining halves of the biscuits! Each mini chicken pot pie consists of one full buttery biscuit – YUM! After that, take a fork and press the sides of the mini pot pies together. It is a down and outward press to connect the top and bottom crust.
A very light egg wash over each biscuit helps give it a shiny appearance over the buttery pot pie crust. It’s important to just use a little egg wash because it can burn if you use too much. What is an egg wash? It’s simply one egg with a splash of water whisked together. This little tip will have the pot pies looking scrumptious as opposed to dry.
More Easy Dinner Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
What’s for Dessert? Dessert ideas by Smart School House:
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
You Will Need
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, cut into cubes – or rotisserie chicken, or maybe even leftover chicken
- 1 can of condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can of mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands, Southern Style Biscuits
- 1 egg
Other Supplies Needed
- Muffin tin
- Non-stick spray
- Basting brush
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the cooked chicken, soup, and veggies
- Prepare the muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Separate the biscuits in half
- They peel in half very easily!
- Press one half of each biscuit into the bottom of the muffin tin
- Add a big spoonful of warm pot pie chicken and veggie mixture over each “crust” in the muffin tin
- Top the mini pot pies with the remaining halves by pressing downward and outward with a fork
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with a splash of water
- A quick splash from the sink works!
- Using the basting brush, apply a VERY thin layer of the egg wash to the top of each mini pot pie
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the tops are all golden brown
- It’s important to see all of the biscuits tops brown to ensure that the bottom of the crust is baked as well
- Use a butter knife or fork to remove each pot pie from the baking dish and enjoy!