This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe, or Magic Pineapple Cake, is the delicious light and fluffy dessert recipe you need to add to the menu now! The cake batter magically becomes frothy while mixing, then bakes into the softest and fluffiest angel food cake with a pineapple twist!
Pineapple Angel Food Cake
This tropical dessert is impossible to mess up! It’s not overwhelming with pineapple flavor, but just the perfect amount of Hawaiian pineapple flavor with the vanilla angel food cake. The top of the cake bakes to a PERFECT golden brown in just 30 minutes of baking time. You can make it in an angel food cake pan, bundt pan, or rectangular baking dish.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Box of Angel Food Cake Mix – just the cake mix powder, no other ingredients listed on the box are needed! Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, or even store-brand Angel Food cake mix works! No eggs or other ingredients are needed.
- Crushed Pineapple – one 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in the pineapple juice.
- Cool Whip – this is an optional topping that we love:) It can be substituted with whipped cream or frosting. Perhaps
- Fresh Fruit – like strawberry slices or additional pineapple for topping! Perhaps some sweetened shredded coconut!
Magical Pineapple Cake Recipe:
In a large bowl, watch the magic begin! Get the kids involved if they’re around because this simple recipe is so fun! Combine cake mix and the 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple with a mixing spoon or electric mixer on low speed to medium speed.
The cake mix becomes fluffy, foamy, and so cool! In the meantime, prepare your baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking. The cake batter is so fun and easy to mix that it’s kind of addicting to whip it up. But, there is no need to over-mix the batter.
Next, pour the batter into your baking dish. By this time, your kitchen will already begin to smell sweet and delicious! Surprisingly, the pineapple is not overwhelming at all. Now, place the cake in the oven and let it bake to perfection for 30 minutes.
Seriously, this simple angel food cake recipe is going to shock you because all you need is angel food cake and crushed pineapple to make it. It’s hard to go wrong with a cake that requires just two ingredients to pull off! Top with a dollop of cool whip and fresh berries.
For more than just dessert, consider this Pineapple Casserole recipe too!
Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon or electric mixer
- 13"x9" cake pan
- 1 box Box of Angel Food Cake (premade)
- 20 ounce Can of crushed pineapple (with juice)
- Non-stick spray
- Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry angel food cake mix with the crushed pineapple with juice (don't drain the juice)
- The cake batter magically becomes fluffy and frothy!
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray
- Add the cake batter to the baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let the cake cool
- Top with Cool Whip and desired fruit