If you happen to be searching for the most decadent rice krispie treat you can find, then you’ve come to the right place! Today’s easy recipe is far from healthy but filled with colorful fun. When you’re in the mood for an extra, extra, extra special treat, this Rainbow Rice Krispie Drizzle is sure to satisfy that sugar tooth. The drizzle is made of something that you’ve probably eaten before (and it happens to be fat free!).
Rainbow Rice Krispie Drizzle
The drizzle is made of non-fat sweetened condensed milk (like the non-fat version of THIS). You’ll often see sweetened condensed milk used in a plethora of well known desserts. We LOVE sweetened condensed milk drizzled over our shaved ice in Hawaii. If you’re ever vacationing in Hawaii, you must try it! Sweetened condensed milk is also found in many ice cream recipes, cake recipes, fudge recipes, and iced coffee recipes. There is something just glorious about the way it tastes! It’s creamy, sweet, and decadent.
The directions are quite basic. If you’ve ever made rice krispie treats before, then you will totally nail this recipe (I love when things are easy like that). I do recommend using a fork with this dessert, as it will be ultra drizzly and gooey.
Cut the rice krispie treats into desired square size (I recommend using a knife coated in non-stick spray). Then, gently drizzle a little line of each rainbow drizzle color over the rice krispie square. The sweetened condensed milk moves and flows a lot, so just know that a tiny bit will go a long way! The extra marshmallow mixture that you placed on top of the rice krispies will allow the rainbow drizzle to stay on top of the treats (as opposed to melting and absorbing into the rice krispie treats).
Using a fork, enjoy this massively sweet rice krispie treat! I promise, it’s unlike any rice krispie treat you’ve ever had before! Just one will do ya:) I think these would be fun for St. Patrick’s Day, don’t you?
This recipe makes about 9 large rice krispie treats or 12 small rice krispie treats.
Love rice krispie treats but looking for something a little smaller? Check out my Rice Krispie Treat Poppers HERE
You Will Need
- 1 1/2 bags of marshmallows (the 16 oz size bag)
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (each stick is half of a cup)
- 7 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Gel food coloring (I use THIS kind)
- 1 small 14 oz. can of non-fat sweetened condensed milk
For the rice krispie bars:
- Prepare a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with non-stick spray
- Place 1 stick of butter with 1 bag (16 oz) of marshmallows in a pot and slowly melt them together.
- Add 7 cups of Rice Krispies cereal to your melted butter marshmallow mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir until the marshmallow mixture until it completely coats the Rice Krispies
- Place everything into the 13″ x 9″ baking pan and let it cool.
- While it is cooling, melt another 1/2 stick of butter with 3 cups of marshmallows in a pot.
- When the butter and marshmallows are melted, pour it on top of the rice krispies in the 13″ x 9″ baking pan and let it cool.
For the drizzle:
- Separate the sweetened condensed milk into 6 equal containers (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Stir in 1 drop of gel food coloring into each container.