Christmas is quickly approaching and we’ve been spending a lot of time prepping food, decorations, and crafts for the holiday! Today we made Strawberry Santas with just 3 ingredeints. Well, more like 3 items:) You only need 3 very easy to find “ingredients” to assemble these Strawberry Santas. No cooking, baking, or strenuous activity involved! They taste delicious because they have a creamy vanilla center. Vanilla and strawberries? Yes please! You’re going to love learning how to make Strawberry Santas for Christmas:
Last updated: November 2, 2017
This post was originally published on November 11, 2016. I have updated it to answer questions and make the instructions even easier this Christmas.
Ingredients for Strawberry Santas
- Fresh strawberries
- Vanilla frosting (in a can or homemade)
- Black icing gel
- Paper Towel
- Frosting piping with small round tip or a bag or ziplock bag with the bottom corner cut off
How to Make Strawberry Santas Video
Directions to Make Santa Strawberries
- Rinse the strawberries and cut off the leaves (discard)
- Cut the pointed end off of each strawberry. Place the newly cut edge down on a clean napkin. The napkin will absorb the fresh strawberry juice, which is what you want.
- The “body” of Santa needs to be quickly dabbed on a fresh paper towel as well. The extra juice will cause the frosting to slide. By letting the paper towel absorb the fresh strawberry juice, the frosting will stay in place better.
- Put vanilla frosting in a piping bag (or in a zip lock bag and cut the corner off).
- Gently swirl some vanilla frosting on the top of the body.
- Place the “Santa hat” (or the strawberry tip) on top of the frosting.
- Add a dab of frosting on top of his hat.
- Next carefully add two eyes with black icing.
Aren’t they so ADORABLE?!
If you want to take them to a party, quickly assemble them once you arrive. Again, the juice of the strawberries might cause the frosting to slide off. But, as long as the juice is dabbed off with a paper towel just before assembling the Santas (and just before eating them), then you are good to go!
The sweet and creamy vanilla frosting is a dreamy combination with the strawberries. Sometimes the simplest things taste so wonderful together. What I love most is that these are so easy to make during the busiest time of the year.
You might also like our Fish Bowl Snowman:
Huge unbreakable ornaments made out of a kids playground ball: