We love days when we think up fun and easy-to-make treats. Today was one of those days! Tostada Cakes are small, crunchy, sugary tortillas topped with sprinkles and white chocolate chips! They take a few minutes to cook and are fun to munch on. Can’t wait to show you how to make this cute treat.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Basting brush (a silicon one like this works best)
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- Miniature corn tortillas (the smallest you can find)
- White sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
- White chocolate chips
- Wax paper
- Non-stick spray
- Baking sheet
Watch how easy and fun they are to make!
Follow us on YouTube here
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Spray non-stick spray on baking sheet
- Melt butter in a small cup
- Place 6 tortillas on wax paper
- Using a basting brush, brush both sides of the tiny tortillas with butter
- Sprinkle the top sides of the tortillas with white sugar (as seen in the video)
- Place rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips over the sugar.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes OR LESS (before they turn brown and too crunchy).
The rainbow sprinkles melt together to make fun mixed up colors. The white chocolate chips get really soft, and the butter and sugar…..
Well….what is there to not like about butter and sugar?
I’ve always loved making traditional tostadas for dinner and regular homemade tortilla chips. Tostada cakes are similar to both but are fun for dessert (or a mid afternoon treat!).
Eat them when they are fresh out of the oven, because like most tostada shells or homemade chips, they don’t save.
Crunchy, sweet, and FUN!
You might also enjoy making these super easy Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches
(click the picture below for the recipe)