Carrot Shaped Pull Apart Bread
Published: Mar 14, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheesy Carrot Shaped Pull Apart Bread is one of the most adorable Easter appetizer ideas you can make! It’s made of everyone’s favorite buttery biscuits rolled around cheese and shaped into a cute carrot. If you like cheesy bread, this Easter bread is perfect for you!
Carrot Shaped Pull Apart Bread
Pull-apart bread is made of bite-sized pieces of bread stuffed with cheese. It’s a fun appetizer to share! In this case, I used melted orange cheese to create the look of an adorable Easter carrot! It’s fluffy, cheesy, buttery, and garlicky! What is there not to love?
Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
Begin by separating the biscuits in half. They are so light and fluffy that they are pulled apart in 2 pieces very easily. This means each cheese bite equals half of one biscuit. Then, break each string cheese into four smaller pieces.
Place one string cheese bite in the middle of each biscuit round. Roll the biscuit around the cheese to create a circle shape and place them seam side down. Using just half a biscuit makes the cheese-to-bread ratio great!
Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Now it’s time to assemble the carrot! Start at the bottom of the carrot, placing one cheese roll at the bottom of the vertical baking sheet. Then place two cheese rolls above it.
How to Assemble the Cheesy Carrot Pull-Apart Bread
Next, it is a pattern increasing the number of rolls building upwards. Place two rows of three rolls, then two rows of four rolls, then two rows of five rolls, etc. The top of the carrot shape consists of six cheesy rolls. In total, you should have 39 cheesy rolls.
Once you’re done placing the rolls into rows, squish to rolls together as desired to create a perfect carrot shape. Using a basting brush, cover each roll with the melted butter garlic glaze!
Now it’s time to turn the carrot orange! Creatively rip the orange American cheese into pieces to cover the carrot. This kind of cheese tears very easily. Plus, American cheese melts extremely well to a creamy texture, making it the perfect cheese to use for making the carrot look so good!
After baking, gently tug on the aluminum foil to slide the carrot cheesy bread onto a large plate, board, or flat surface. Gently roll the foil up around the carrot’s edges to keep the bread shape in place as it gets picked apart while eating. Finally, place a handful of parsley stems at the top of the carrot and enjoy!
More Easter Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next
Bunny Butt Cookies
Peeps Rice Krispies Treats
Pastel Colored Deviled Eggs
Chocolate Egg Nests
The BEST Easter Recipe Ideas
Carrot Shaped Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick spray
- small microwave-safe bowl
- Basting brush or spoon
- 3 cans Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
- 10 String cheese sticks (mozzarella cheese)
- 9+ slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Parsley stems
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Break each cheese stick into 4 pieces.
- Remove the buttermilk biscuits from their containers and split them in half.
- Place one string cheese piece in the middle of each dough round.
- Pinch the dough together and roll the dough in your hands to make perfect circles.
- Repeat until there are 39 cheesey bread rolls.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil covered in non-stick spray.
- Start by assembling the bottom of the carrot, placing 1 cheese roll at the bottom of the vertical baking sheet.
- Place 2 cheese rolls above it.
- Next is a pattern of making 2 rows with equal amounts of cheese rolls (2 rows of 3 rolls, then 2 rows of 4 rows and so on until you have 2 rows of 6 rolls).
- Squish the rolls together as desired to create a perfect carrot shape on the baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and stir in the garlic powder.
- Using a basting brush, brush the buttery garlic glaze over the tops of the cheesy rolls.
- Creatively rip the American cheese into pieces to cover the carrot.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center of the cheesy carrot bread is baked through
- As it's baking, the bread expands. If you notice any spots that aren't covered in orange cheese, you can quickly put extra pieces of American cheese on top, as it melts easily and quickly with a creamy texture.
- Gently tug on the aluminum foil to slide the carrot cheesy bread onto a large plate, board, or flat surface.
- Roll the foil up around the carrot's edges to keep the bread shape in place as it gets picked apart while eating.
- Place a handful of parsley stems at the top of the carrot (under the foil) and enjoy!