Chocolate Covered Pretzel Turkeys with colorful turkey feathers are a fun and festive treat for Thanksgiving! These chocolate-covered pretzel turkeys with candy eyes and a candy corn beak are fun to make and fun to eat!
Chocolate Pretzel Turkeys
Be sure to get the kids involved with this tasty Thanksgiving craft! Everyone loves pretzel sticks covered in chocolate! I got all of the ingredients and supplies from Walmart, including the fudge-covered peanut butter cookies. You could also use chocolate-covered Oreos. I like that fudge-covered peanut butter cookies because they’re not quite as thick and the color matches perfectly with the Flipz pretzels! Pretzels, chocolate, and peanut butter… yum!
Chocolate covered pretzels
Chocolate covered cookies
Colorful candy melts
How to Make Little Chocolate Turkeys:
Lay cookies, pretzels, candy corn, and eyes on wax paper. Arrange the pretzels in a fan shape as seen below. Then, pick any color of candy melt and use the melted candy to begin assembling the turkeys. I do this by melting the candy in a zip-top sandwich bag and cutting the corner off of the baggie.
Place a generous amount of melted candy on top of the three pretzels. Then, put the cookie on top. Once the melted candy hardens, it should hold the 3 pretzels and the cookie together. Next, it’s time to assemble the cute turkey face!
It’s best to assemble all of the candy turkeys at once, kind of like a fun assembly line. It’s easiest to assemble the turkey bodies before coloring the pretzel turkey feathers. Using the same melted chocolate, place the candy corn beak and candy eyes on each turkey.
To make the colorful feathers, melt one color at a time. This is an important step because the melted candy eventually gets hard as it cools. So, you want to work with one color at a time. I mixed up the placement of the colorful feather turkeys so each turkey is unique!
Enjoy the Thanksgiving craft on Turkey Day, or wrap them up in a small plastic bag to hand them out to friends!
More Thanksgiving Treats by Smart School House to Try Next:
Tootsie Pop Turkeys
Chocolate Pilgrim Hats
Popcorn Corn on the Cob Treat Bags
Toilet Paper Pumpkins
Caramel Apple Goodie Bags
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Turkeys
- Wax paper
- Zip top sandwich baggies
- On wax paper, assemble the chocolate pretzels in a fan formation.
- Melt any color of candy melts. Place the melted candy in a zip-top baggie (or melt the candies in the baggie itself) and cut the corner off.
- Place a generous amount of melted candy on top of the pretzels.
- Put the cookie on top of the pretzels. Once the melted candy dries and hardens, it will keep the pretzel feathers and cookie connected in one piece
- Use the melted candy to stick on the candy eyes and candy corn beak. Allow the melted candy time to dry and harden before moving the turkeys.
- To make the colorful feathers, it is important to work one color at a time. This is because the melted candy doesn't stay melted forever! Melt the candy and pipe it into the turkey's feathers one color at a time.
- All the turkeys to dry and enjoy!