This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Gobble gobble! Raise your hand if you’re getting excited about the upcoming holidays! Thanksgiving crafts are always a favorite around here. I love turkey crafts for Thanksgiving and today we have a brand new one to share with you! Our Tea Bottle Turkey turned out SO CUTE and we hope it inspires you to create one or two of your own. This little guy with big eyes curious stance makes me smile. I even made a quick little DIY video to show you how to assemble a tea bottle turkey!
Tea Bottle Turkey
The way this craft came about is kind of silly. I was trying to brainstorm ideas for turkey crafts when I realized that my energy was lacking. I don’t like to drink coffee in the afternoon and soda tends to give me a head ache, so I don’t even risk it. We have been keeping individual bottles of tea in the refrigerator because I love iced tea! These little bottles are really convenient and have just enough caffeine to get me through the hustle and bustle of weekday afternoons. Yesterday, I spent a total of 3 hours driving my kids around from morning until evening. Whew!
I’ve noticed that all of these individual tea bottles come in similar shapes and sizes. Just make sure to pick a bottle that has a label that’s easy to remove. If you have any sticky residue, Goo Gone spray gel adhesive remover works like magic!
All of the supplies that I used can be found at your local craft store. I happen to have all of the supplies here in my collection of randomness:) Here’s my DIY video for Tea Bottle Turkeys:
How to Make Tea Bottle Turkeys
I used a drinking cup from the kitchen to outline a perfect circle. The head is made out of brown construction paper, while the eyes, beak, and feet are cut from craft foam. The turkey feathers are decorative fall leaves!
I used hot glue to get the quickest results. If you’re working with kids, consider having them use tacky glue to assemble to face (the eyes and beak) and then you can do the hot gluing for them.
More Thanksgiving Crafts by Smart School House to Try Next:
Tea Bottle Turkey
Tea Bottle TurkeyPrint Here
You Will Need
- Individual bottle of tea with a removable label
- Brown construction paper
- Orange and red craft foam
- Foam eyes. Or, you can use white foam and a black sharpie! Googly eyes will work too
- Fabric fall leaves
- Hot glue
- Remove label. Use Goo Gone spray gel if needed
- Cut a circle out of the brown construction paper. I used a glass drinking cup to trace a circle
- Hot glue the circle to the cap of the tea bottle
- Add the eyes and beak to the face. I assembled the face to look like the turkey has his head tiled:)
- Glue fabric feathers around the back of the tea bottle
- Cut 2 orange foam feet and glue them to the bottom of the tea bottle