Homemade Top Ramen
While Top Ramen shouldn’t be so good, it just IS. I’m not sure what makes that 25 cent bag so delicious. Well, it’s probably the sodium and whatnot, but I still love it. I know that I can’t eat it all the time though. I’m not in college and I know the difference between soup that is good for my diet and soup that isn’t. Darn it – growing up can be so hard!
That’s what got me thinking….
What if I could make a homemade Top Ramen? One that I wouldn’t feel bad eating? One that I could even serve to my family and know that it didn’t come from a small square bag! My only stipulation was that it needed to taste just like the Top Ramen I’ve always eaten AND it had to be quick & easy to make. With those two goals in mind, I set out to conquer a homemade Top Ramen recipe.
You guys – I had no idea it was SO SIMPLE to make from scratch!!!
For Homemade Top Ramen you will need:
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic – or more if you love garlic!
- 1 can of chicken broth (14.5 oz) – the low sodium kind is great
- 1 cup of peas and carrots – I bought peas & carrots mixture in a can and measured out 1 cup
- About a tablespoon of finely cut chives – cut them with your kitchen scissors to make life really easy (the ones designated for food)
- 1 Beef Flavor Stock Cube – as pictured below
- 1 package of chow mein stir-fry noodles, 16 oz – as pictured below
This is the beef flavor stock cube I use (found in the Asian food isle at the grocery store)
This is the 16 oz package of chow mein stir-fry noodles I use (also found in the Asian food isle at the grocery store)
Ten minute Homemade Top Ramen recipe:
- In a pot, bring the water, minced garlic, beef flavor stock cube, and chicken broth to a boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chow mein noodles, peas & carrots, and chives into the boiling water
- Let it boil for 8 minutes.
- Makes 3-4 servings.
It comes out looking and tasting JUST like the good old Top Ramen in the square bag! But, it is safe to say that this homemade version is slightly healthier:)
It makes your kitchen smell yummy and gets the family excited! Add whatever you want to the top or eat it as is. You can’t go wrong!
This time we had leftovers, so the next day I warmed it up in a smaller pot. We just renovated our kitchen and I love, love, love our LG ProBake range.
Guess what else we recently whipped up with our LG ProBake? This ultra tasty Blackberry Biscuit Bread! It could be breakfast, it could be dessert. We don’t judge! Click the photo below to save or see this easy recipe:
Pages: 1 2