This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our Creamy Beef Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe for the family! Creamy, filling, and comforting:) This simple dinner is perfect for busy weeknights, is SO delicious, and is budget-friendly. Made with pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese, and some simple seasonings to taste. It’s kind of addicting and the leftovers are even better (did I just say that out loud?). If you haven’t tried this yet, be sure to add it to the menu soon.
Creamy Beef Pasta
This creamy pasta recipe will be on your dinner table all week long! It’s made with easy-to-find ingredients like ground beef, pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese, and seasonings. It doesn’t sound like much, but when it all comes together it’s an irresistible pasta dish. It’s a very comforting meal much like Hamburger Helper. If you’ve got a family to feed on a budget or are in a hurry, this is a MUST-HAVE go-to recipe all year round.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
This is a large skillet recipe that will serve 8 (no oven needed!). Well, considering my growing son eats at least two servings these days, maybe less than 8 in our house haha! The leftovers go VERY quickly around here because they are great for lunch. My kids love eating leftovers, so having this creamy beef and shells dish available to quickly microwave is such a lifesaver.
- pasta shells
- olive oil
- ground beef
- diced onion (frozen diced onion works too)
- minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- heavy cream
- tomato soup (the good old Campbell’s tomato soup!)
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Start by gently cooking onions and garlic. Trust me, even the pickiest of eaters will not taste it! Then, pour in a couple of cans of tomato soup to make the tomato sauce. Yup, good old comforting tomato soup. Sprinkle in Italian seasonings (and salt and black pepper to taste) and now the kitchen is starting to lure people in. Hungry kids are always tempted to visit the kitchen when they know something good is cooking!
Once the tomato base is simmering, add the freshly cooked ground beef to the mixture. You can substitute the beef with ground chicken or ground turkey. The ground beef will still be warm because you quickly cook it side-by-side. No need to season the beef while cooking it, you’ve got all the flavors you need within the creamy ground beef pasta recipe already. If desired, you can add additional ingredients, like mushrooms.
Next, pour in the heavy cream and noodles. Just like the ground beef, the noodles are already warm because you can boil them while you are sautéing the onion and garlic. Little things like this make the dinner come together QUICKLY, which is why I suggest keeping this recipe on hand for busy weeknights.
After stirring together the soup base, ground beef, and cream, you’ll then sprinkle cheese on top. Mmmmm! The cheese melts almost instantly letting you know that dinner is practically done! The cheese adds an extra touch to this irresistible comfort food recipe. Want to add extra cheese to yours? Do it! I don’t think you’ll have a single complaint:)
Now it’s time to dig in! Serve it hot in either a bowl or on a plate. I like to have a side salad and sometimes make garlic bread for the side. So creamy and so comforting! Keep this recipe handy because I’m sure you’ll make it again soon.
Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
Creamy Beef Pasta
- 2 pans – one for cooking the ground beef and a large one for adding everything together
- 1 large pot to cook the pasta
- 1 pound box of pasta shells (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup diced onion (1/2 an onion) – In a hurry? Frozen diced onion from the grocery store is perfect.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 cans tomato soup (the good old Campbell’s tomato soup!)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to the directions on the box
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the ground beef and drain
- In the largest pan, sauté the onions until translucent (2-3 minutes)
- Add in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for another minute
- Pour in the soup and water. Stir and bring to a simmer
- Add the drained ground beef, cream, and noodles and cook over medium heat
- Once fully combined, add in the cheeses and continue to stir until thoroughly heated through
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately