What’s for dinner? If you’re short on time, our Creamy Beef Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe for the family! Creamy, filling, and comforting:) This simple dinner is perfect for busy weeknights, is SO delicious, and is budget friendly. Made with pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese, and some simple seasonings to taste. It’s kind of addicting and the leftovers are even better (did I just say that out loud?). If you haven’t tried this yet, be sure to add it to the menu soon.
Creamy Beef Pasta
This is creamy pasta recipe will be on your dinner table all week long! It’s made with just ground beef, pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese and seasonings. It doesn’t sound like much, but when it all comes together it’s an irresistible dinner dish. It’s a very comforting meal especially in the winter months. But hey, if you’ve got a family to feed on a budget or in a hurry, this is a MUST-HAVE go to recipe all year round.
This is a large recipe that will serve 8. Well, considering my growing son eats at least two servings these days, maybe less than 8 in our house haha! The leftovers go VERY quickly around here because they are great for lunch. My kids are kind of loving eating leftovers like this during distance learning, so having options available to quickly microwave are such a lifesaver right now.
Start by gently cooking onions and garlic. Trust me, even the pickiest of eaters will not taste it! Then, pour in a couple cans of tomato soup. Yup, good old comforting tomato soup. Sprinkle in Italian seasonings and now the kitchen is starting to lure people in. Hungry kids are always tempted to visit the kitchen when they know something good is cooking!
Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
Once the tomato base is simmering, add in freshly cooked ground beef. The ground beef will still be warm because you quickly cook it side-by-side. No need to season the beef while cooking it, you’ve got all the flavors you need within the recipe already.
Next, pour in the heavy cream and noodles. Just like the ground beef, the noodles are already warm because you can boil them while you are sautéing the onion and garlic. Little things like this make the dinner come together QUICKLY, which is why I suggest keeping this recipe on hand for busy weeknights.
After stirring together the soup base, ground beef, and cream, you’ll then sprinkle cheese on top. Mmmmm! The cheese melts almost instantly letting you know that dinner is now practically done! The cheese adds the extra touch to this irresistible comfort food recipe. Want to add extra cheese to yours? Do it! I don’t think you’ll have a single complaint:)
Now it’s time to dig in! Serve it hot in either a bowl or on a plate. I like to have a side salad and sometimes make garlic bread for the side. So creamy and so comforting! Keep this recipe handy because I’m sure you’ll be making it again soon.
More Quick and Easy Comfort Food Dinners by Smart School House
What’s for Dessert?
Creamy Beef Pasta
You Will Need
- 1 lb box of pasta shells (8 oz)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 3/4 cup of diced onion (1/2 an onion) – In a hurry? Frozen diced onion from the grocery store is perfect.
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 1.5 TSP Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cans of tomato soup (the good old Campbell’s tomato soup!)
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Additional Supplies Needed
- 2 pans – one for cooking the ground beef and a large one for adding everything together
- 1 large pot to cook the pasta
- Boil pasta according to the directions on the box
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the ground beef and drain
- In the largest pan, sauté the onions until translucent (2-3 minutes)
- Add in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for another minute
- Pour in the soup and water. Stir and bring to a simmer
- Add the drained ground beef, cream, and noodles and cook over medium heat
- Once fully combined, add in the cheeses and continue to stir until thoroughly heated through
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately