This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Argan Oil Chocolate Mask
Today’s DIY craft is inspired by one of my recent trips (you might have seen us here on Instagram sailing the Mediterranean Sea). It was such a wonderful getaway and one of my most favorite days was when I got to visit the spa on our cruise ship. The Royal Princess Lotus Spa is probably the nicest spa on found on any cruise ship! When you’re there, it’s hard to belive that you’re actually on a ship (I had to keep reminding myself in the calm and serene spa areas!). My first appointment was with Dr. Denisse Lozano. She’s so adorably nice and caring! After some fabulous treatments, I was looking refreshed and ready to take on another city in Europe. Our excursion filled days and food filled evenings were so busy that I never got a chance to go back for a certain spa treatment that I had been wanting to try. So, I decided to make my own version of it myself at home! This DIY Argan Oil Chocolate Mask is simple to make, but actually leaves your skin more supple and smooth.
For this DIY Argan Oil Chocolate Face Mask, you will need:
- 1/4 teaspoon of Argan Oil (check it out here, it’s pretty affordable and goes a long way).
- 3 tablespoons of good quality melted chocolate with a high percentage of cacao in it. I picked Ghirardelli with 86% cacao (about 4 squares). This chocolate bar is also found in stores!
- Microwavable bowl
- Mixing spoon
Directions for DIY Argan Oil Chocolate Mask:
- Place the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and slowly melt the chocolate in 15 second intervals, stirring in between. Ghirardelli is easy to melt in a microwave and comes out extremely creamy!
- Put 1/4 teaspoon (or more if you prefer) of the argan oil into the melted chocolate. Combine thoroughly.
- When the chocolate mask has cooled down and is at a comfortable temperature, gently apply it to your face and/or body.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash clean with soap and water.
Argan oil is a vitamin E rich skin moisturizer. It’s not greasy and won’t irritate your skin. It’s actually soothing for your skin! The cacao in the chocolate works wonderfully with the argan oil. Cacao is rich in antioxidants and helps fight free radicals. Combine the cacao with the argan oil and your skin will be supple and smooth and any wrinkles will appear diminished because of the natural moisturizing effects of the oil.
So, while I played with the samples of the chocolate face mask in the Lotus Spa, I’m so bummed that I never got to try it. I do, however, highly recommend spending some quality time at this spa on your next Royal Princess Cruise! In my case, it was “just what the dr. ordered” hah!
The next day we were in France! We ate a wonderful cheese filled French lunch Marseille….
…. did a little shopping in Cassis,
and even went wine tasting in the south of France.
What a day from Heaven! And what I would do to go back there right now!
To learn more about our Mediterranean cruise, visit Princess Cruises and explore the beautiful vacation options. It’s always a good time to go on a cruise! Oh and say hi to Dr. Denisse while you’re on the ship for me!
This DIY Argan Oil Chocolate Mask is so fun for younger girls too. I’m thinking a sleepover, a beauty day, or just as an excuse to have fun! It’s easy to make and fun to use.
For more inspiration form our luxury Mediterranean cruise on the Royal Princess, check out this post on DIY Lavender Laundry Sponges:
Sponsored by Princess Cruises