DIY dog treats are ridiculously easy to make at home, and while we haven’t personally taste-tested them, we’ve seen firsthand that the dogs go crazy for them. Because store-bought dog treats get stale and are also made with added ingredients, these fresh-baked treats are the perfect way to show your pooch how much you care.
And did we mention they’re super-easy? If you’ve got some organic peanut butter and whole-wheat flour in your pantry, then you’re halfway there.
DIY Dog Treats
You might also like our recipe for Homemade Dog Shampoo too!
Check this post out for some of the best Tips and Tricks for Dog Owners.
How to Make Dog Treats
Homemade Dog TreatsPrint Here
You Will Need
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour, plus more for cutting out the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and milk. Drizzling the milk in slowly will allow you to combine it more efficiently.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the baking powder and whole-wheat flour.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter-milk mixture. Combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, sprinkle a tiny bit of wheat flour on the surface and roll out the dough to reach your desired dog treat thickness. Using your dog bone cookie cutters (find them here) cut out dog treats and place them onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.