How to Make Flamingo Vultures
Get excited for Halloween making flamingo vultures for your lawn! What do you think of this creepy DIY Halloween decor idea? Turn pink lawn flamingos into vultures using some spray paint and a white boa around the neck. The buzzards are an unexpected surprise to any of your outdoor decorations for Halloween!
Decorating for Halloween is something we look forward to every single year here at Smart School House. Each year we try to add something new. I think this year’s flamingo vultures are AMAZING, don’t you? What I love most is that they are extremely easy to make.
Supplies needed to make a flamingo vulture:
- Pink Plastic Lawn Flamingos (I got mine HERE)
- 2 cans of spray paint: dark maroon and black. Be sure to pick a spray paint that is designed to go over plastic
- Painter’s tape
- Plastic grocery bags
- Cardboard or something to protect the ground while spray painting
- White craft boa (Find one HERE)
- Gorilla glue or something similar that will dry quickly on plastic
Looking for more DIY Halloween decorations?
- Easy DIY Halloween Decorations
- Tomato Cage Witch Hat
- How to Decorate Cupboards for Halloween
- Glowing Pumpkin Pails
- Tea Light Witches
- Glow in the Dark Halloween Window Clings
- Fall Decorating Hacks
- Non-Spooky Pumpkin Ideas
- Pumpkin Carving Hacks
How to Make a Vulture out of a Flamingo
- Using painter’s tape, cover the eyes and beak
- Spray the flamingo’s head and neck maroon
- Allow it to dry outside for 30 minutes
- Cover the flamingo’s head with a plastic grocery bag and secure it with painter’s tape
- Spray the pink flamingo’s body black
- Gently remove the plastic bags and allow the birds to dry
- Remove the painter’s tape
- Using the glue, wrap the white boa around the bird’s neck twice where the black and maroon colors meet
- Place the flamingo vultures in your yard!
I recommend pushing them down into the ground a little further than you would a plastic flamingo. Flamingos are tall and elegant. Vultures and buzzards are lower to the ground and lack that picturesque look that flamingos have. Next, you might want to add some other Halloween decorations around the flamingos just for the finishing touch. Happy Halloween!
Send me pictures of your Flamingo Vultures. I can’t wait to see your creations!