Making glow in the dark Easter eggs is such a fun twist on an average Easter egg hunt. Today I’m going to show you two different ways for how to make Glow in theDark Easter Eggs. Put them out in the dark for kids on Easter for a nighttime egg hunt! You’ll love how easy this is to do and how you can reuse your supplies next year.
Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt
You will need the following supplies for a nighttime egg hunt:
1. Large plastic Easter eggs (or jumbo eggs). You can find them here online.
2. Flameless tea lights (like these)
UPDATE: Here’s a second way of creating glow in the dark eggs – They now sell small glow sticks just for putting in Easter Eggs. Find them here!
Glowing Easter Eggs
Bigger kids are always love an egg hunt, even if they insist that they don’t believe in the Easter bunny:) There is something about childhood that makes magical traditions special, no matter how old you are. While a 2 year old might not be awake for a dark Easter hunt, 10 year olds are! Teenagers are also REALLY good at helping create this glowing scene for other kids. What is there not to love about an Eater egg hunt?
Love being crafty for the holidays? Considering making a Wash Cloth Bunny or Bunny Lollipops. They are so adorable and everyone will want to know how you made them! Did you see our NEWEST Easter craft this year? These Bunny Ear Napkins will look so adorable on your Easter table.
You might also like some of these Easter ideas too:
Glow in the Dark Easter EggsPrint Here
You Will Need
- Just before the sun goes down, place a tea light in each egg.
- UPDATE- if using the mini glow sticks, active them and place them in the plastic eggs.
- Optional- put in a small candy, sticker, coin, or anything else in the egg.
- Set the eggs out and let the kids collect them in the dark. SO FUN